I had an odd day today......

by love11 24 Replies latest social relationships

• love11
    love11

In short-

I finished my spring semester of schooling! YAY!

I got a call from my sister saying that she was arrested and in jail for 3 days for domestic violence. (She's the one I told you about that isn't quite right from all the drugs and years of abuse.) She doesn't even remember it, just bits and pieces.

Then I went to the park with my kids. I was sitting on the bench with my dog (avatar pic) and this young guy came up to me and asked what kind of dog that was. Then he said that he had a pug that scared a jw away once. Apparently, the dog charged at the door because the guy wouldn't leave and he got mad. The guy went running after that, because he though it was a big dog. hehe

Then I called my other sister to get the "real" story on what happened to the sister that went to jail. I guess she was flipping out because her son wouldn't give her any drugs. She tried to choke him and his friend. She punched them so hard that it made their mouths bleed and they didn't even fight back.

Then she said,"Mom, wants to talk to you." My mom is visiting here from florida and wants to see me. It's been like 7-8years since I've seen or heard from her. The last time we spoke she told me, "If you and your kid are not going to be in the paradise then I might as well get used to it now." She said that me and all of my offspring would perish at armaggedon. So she gets on the phone and acts like nothing has happened. She invited me to go get some breakfast tomorrow at IHOP. .........weird............ So I returned the weirdness and said in the most serious of voices, "Ok, and afterwards lets all go to the lake and go swimming, it's a really nice lake, you'd like it." She said, "I'll have to see how it goes." Whatever that means. She's never even seen my son and he's 5. My daughter is now 9, the last time she saw her was at 1 1/2 years old.

I don't know what to make of it, but my curiousity is pricked. This should be the most interesting IHOP experience I've ever had. LOL

I'll let you know what happens!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

odd day indeed.!

i hope seeing your mother goes well. hugs

• love11
    love11

Oh! And I found a catapillar in my hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Purza
    Purza

Very interesting indeed! I wish you the best tomorrow -- I hope you have a nice breakfast.

Purza

• Netty
    Netty
    "If you and your kid are not going to be in the paradise then I might as well get used to it now

God that hurts! My parents would say stuff like "I'm gonna have to cut them off" CUT THEM OFF?? WTF!?!?!? Or "I'm not going to bond with XXXX (Grandson) because he is going to die at Armegeddon" When you tell non-witnesses this type of stuff, they are shocked, its so unbelievable.

But anyway, I know what you are going through, and hope you get to spend some quality time wtih your mother. Maybe nobody will bring up JW stuff, ya think? And you can just enjoy some mother/daughter/family time. Heres hoping.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    So I returned the weirdness and said in the most serious of voices, "Ok, and afterwards lets all go to the lake and go swimming, it's a really nice lake, you'd like it." She said, "I'll have to see how it goes." Whatever that means

This means that she invited you to breakfast to give you a JW litmus test. If she thinks she can convert you to be a JW, she will go to the lake... if she does not think she can convert you to be a JW, she will not go to the lake.

• love11
    love11

It was the most normal, peaceful day I have ever experienced with my mom. A part of me wanted to say, "Who are you, and what did you do with my mom?" I even mentioned that I had a membership at the YMCA and she said that she might consider getting one too! What the? When I was a kid we couldn't even look at the Y because that is where the devil wants us to stray away from him! Then she even said, "Have you ever considered moving to Florida? I think you would really like it, and we could get together alot more." That left me speechless, but I somehow was able to say, "No, I think that we were going to stay around here for awhile or maybe move to California if we could afford it."

We went to IHOP, then to Toy's R' Us, the mall, then to Wendy's, my house, and then to a YMCA camp ground. I didn't want her to spend money on me and the kids but we almost had a tense situation in front of the waitress, so I agreed reluctantly. All in all though, it was a healing day for me.

When I first saw her get out of the car, I was taken back. She had gray hair and alot of wrinkles. When I last saw her she was in her 50's and now she's a senior citizen! I just felt sorry for her that she made so many bad decisions in her life that she made herself miserable, thinking that's what god wanted her to do. I'm grateful to her that she gave birth to me, because of her I have life and my children. I know with every fiber of my body that I will never have the mother/ daughter relationship that every person should experience. But I understand and forgive her for not being capable of being a good parent. I only hope that I live up to my daughter and son's expectation of what a mom should be like. At lunch, I told her that my house was messy to warn her before coming in. (I pushed all my house chores aside until I finished this week of school, it's amazing how one week of not cleaning looks like hell) Anyways, then my sister spoke up and said," Well....also, you spend more time with your kids then anyone I know. I think it's better to spend time with them then to spend your whole life cleaning the house." My mom said, "They say, your children will leave but you'll always have house work." Then she seemed a little sad.

Tonight, when my husband got off work we all went to Koto Buki for some japanese food. It was a great ending to my day. Love

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'm so glad it went well.. bittersweet i know.. but ya know, so many ex jw's wont get that afternoon with their jw parent.. it was definitely a blessing and you really seem to have a great attitude about the situation.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Love11 -

Glad that went so well - maybe the 'hidden doubts' that she has are starting to surface a little? I mean, I think most of us had some under the surface, and maybe she does too? The YMCA comment really would make me wonder a little.

But also maybe she want the 'healing to begin' too. Glad to hear your good news...

Jeff

• Swan
    Swan

How cool that you got to spend time with your mother! This is a good step in the right direction on her part, and maybe she will continue to make further strides.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit