Not having to celebrate holidays was actually pretty cool

by IronGland 16 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

Now that i'm a non JW i'm expected to celebrate holidays by my GF, family etc. There's way too many and it gets to be a pain. Valentines,easter,memorial day mothers day,fathers day, 4th of july, thanksgiving, halloween, christmas(bleh!), a zillion freaking birthdays. GAH!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

but that's the beauty of it...you dont have to celebrate everything...take your pick, celebrate only what you like

Josie

• IronGland
    IronGland
    but that's the beauty of it...you dont have to celebrate everything...take your pick, celebrate only what you like

not that easy when your SO and family are very big on holidays.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

oh well then youre screwed lol j/k

Josie

• Gopher
    Gopher

A few holidays a year are better than 1,000 days elsewhere in Jehovah's Witness courtyards.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

IG,

First you don't want us to call our hubbies 'hubby' now you don't like to celebrate holidays?

Get off yer 'grinch'y' high horse!

J

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

"A few holidays a year are better than 1,000 days elsewhere in Jehovah's Witness courtyards." LOL I like that! Personally, I absolutely love holidays. My kids think I'm nuts because I decorate for almost every holiday. But I guess to each his own.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I actually only know the main three, myself. Christmas, New Years and the 4th of July. So I stick to those three, oh yeah and black Friday, which I can always back track and find Thanksgiving.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Holidays and birthdays are tough on the finances. They sure are fun, though!

DY

• lawrence
    lawrence

When I "returned to my vomit" and left the borg I decided to celebrate at least 3 days a year:

1) April Fools

2) Halloween

3) Thanksgiving

The rest is hit or miss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit