What are your goals in life that don't involve the WTS?

by John Doe 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Waking up tomorrow!....

Snoozy..

• freedom96
    freedom96

I stay on this site because I am still interested in what goes on within the WTS organization. I still have relatives involved, and I get a kick out of knowing more about what is going on than they do.

Second, I enjoy reading posts that include thoughts of others that have nothing to do with WTS things.

Goals? Tons of them. Happy life, happy family, health, good career, and much more. My life in no way centers around the WTS. I gave them 18 years of my youth, and then some.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Working,Studying psychology as a hobby, building up film and MP3 music collection, travelling, cooking, and doing a bit of cult busting.

• elvis
    elvis

Thanks for answering my question. I asked my brother who frequented this site what in the world are these people doing here if they hate the organization. Why dont they just go somewhere else such as a Yahoo chat site or something, why do they have to spend so much time posting on a WTS info site and not wiccans or warlocks or something else as screwy. You guys have just articulatly answered me by letting us peek into your feelings and emotions. Yes, JWs can be difficult but so is any other strict religion. I was door to door one time and a couple of men from some church i assume were Assembly of God were visiting someone and i heard them tearing him apart over not meeting his tithing. I was glad i was where im at. I was born into the truth so to me there is nowhere else to go, whether i like it or not. The witnesses are my family although it seems like the family members have changed in the last 40 years, but family members stick together. If i have a problem with an elder i can usually tell them about witnessing to them at the door while they were whoring around on the streets years ago. As for me, im not going to jump ship just because a newcomer tells me to swim, ill just though there ass in the water and ask if the waters fine. One elder was giving a talk on Sunday and he said we shouldnt say "There they are go get em" talking about householders. I began laughing so hard i had to get up because thats exactly how i feel. I did my time in the service let someone else with more determination do it now. But i will always still go and occupy a seat. I even tell the speaker that he can guage his talk by if im nodding off or not. See we all can have a place in the organization if we want to.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Go for it Elvis! You ask about people having goals that frequent this site as if coming here is some endless spiral to nowhere, then you describe exactly that as your "goal". To set and listen to drivel that is rehashed nonsense for years on end with the same hype about "real soon now" is as goalless as one could be. For a UU to have a goal other than climbing the ladder of brown nosers in the rag magazine sale company masquerading as a religion is really a high standard amongst giants. I wish you well in your dosing! carmel of the "alive and well" class

• rebel8
    rebel8
    If i have a problem with an elder i can usually tell them about witnessing to them at the door while they were whoring around on the streets years ago.

I don't even remotely understand that sentence, but it sure sounds interesting. Care to clarify?

• I quit!
    I quit!

I don't think for a lot of us it is that we can't leave the tower it is that the tower somehow keep sticking its nose into our business. Here is an example. I left over twenty years ago and my wife didn't. A few years ago we decided to to do a living trust. I thought it would be easy but my wife's beliefs even came into that. She doesn't want me to make medical decision for her because she knows I would go by what the doctors recommend, not by what the every changing watchtower says say to do. She could die from some part of their blood policy only to find out they changed it six months later. When you have family in the tower you always have the tower in your business. First thing I didn't when I left was to do some of the things the wt said weren't important such as buy a house and plan for retirement by saving in IRAs, joining the 401k at work. I'm sure glad I did. If I live long enough to retire I will be in good shape. I lead a pretty normal life doing the things that may have got in the way of service to the tower. I garden, golf, surf, go to the gym and make an occasional trip to Vegas. This is my first time on one of these boards in about 5 years. I don't think it is healthy to obsess about the watchtower all the time. If you have a ministry helping others get out that is different but I think it takes a special person to do that for a long time and I would think you still need breaks from it. It can be very frustrating.

• Mary
    Mary
    As for me, im not going to jump ship just because a newcomer tells me to swim, ill just though there ass in the water and ask if the waters fine.

Is English your second language?? This sentence doesn't even make any sense!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I think people who peek in at this forum but have not spent any time here, really don't have a clue as to what people are getting out of it. Sometimes I do enjoy bashing the BS Society--because their beliefs are a total joke and I can't believe that as an intelligent person I was once sucked into their drivel. But I am living a full life and am happy just being me. And I enjoy reading people's posts.

My goals are: go back to school, get promoted, become debt-free, purchase a home, own/drive a fun car--instead of always having one that's practical, be kid-free, move out of California, run my own business, become a better cook, become a better gardner, I think that's enough for now--my head is spinning from thinking of all the things I want to accomplish.

• Es
    Es

I am getting married at the end of the year i then plan to buy a house and have more children es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit