What are your goals in life that don't involve the WTS?

by John Doe 27 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm just curious. I know this is a WTS discussion forum, but by some posts, it seems as if the WTS never leaves some heads. Also, a lot seems to be conspiracy theory. I'm not saying anything is inaccurate, but I con't think cynacism is accurate all the time either. Comments?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Enjoying life.

• homesteader
    homesteader

goals or interests? gardening...this year i'm planting a french potager garden, reading....presently reading the Power of Now which I highly recommend to folks exiting JW's. I also am enjoying Beverly Lewis' books about the Amish which is akin to JW's with all their rules and excommunication. She just came out with the last book of a four part series...The Revelation which I plan on reading before the summer. Writing...I'm presently in the process of trying to get a children's book I wrote and illustrated on Juvenile Diabetes published. My three year old grandaughter who has jd and lives with us keeps me quite busy. We are having fun living guilt free, going to Sunday School, celebrating birthdays and holidays....all the things I missed with her mommy and other now adult children. I could go on and on. Life won't be long enough for me. Most of all I'm enjoying a loving relationship with a "wordly" man who is more Christian than the majority of jw males I knew. After being away from JW's for 5 years after 25 years it seems like a fleeting moment because I'm enjoying life to the fullest and making up for lost time. Grace

• garybuss
    garybuss

None of my ambitions involve the Jehovah's Witnesses except my hobby of watching them. I have business, I have hobbies, I have family . . . I don't have time for it all.

Leaving the Witness group after being born and raised in it was like moving to a different continent. I had to relearn the English language. I had to adjust to a very different culture. I lost my retirement plan and had to start over with a new plan. I had to make new friends and adjust to not wearing a necktie to sit in a musty basement on Tuesday nights.

(Why am I getting an extra space in all my posts the last couple days?)

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

To live my life to the fullest.

I have friends who get together on almost a daily basis. Drink a beer or two. Help friends with their auto troubles or wood working plans. Help wife keep up the most lovely yard and flowers I have ever seen.

This week am bringing 120/240 volts to the garage and to a shallow well pump for the gardens.

This next week we plan on going on the step son's 250 hp jet boat and run the rapids on the snake river. IF my wife gets rid of her diahrea!!!

There is always some remodeling that my wife wants on the house.

We have plans to go to Bergdorf Hot springs up by Macall Idaho some time this month.

The fiddle festival starts up soon. Lots of violins and dancers, young tenagers and younger perform.

Nope I don't sit around gripeing about the wbts and jw's. I do let my friends know what a bunch of missled, troubled bunch the jw's are and two friends are as active as I am to warn people about the wbts and jw's.

Life is good, if you want it to be.

Outoftheorg

• John Doe
    John Doe

It's nice to hear your posts. All the paranoid-evil-empire-talk gets a bit stale after a while. Me, I have no life. I'm taking Linear Algebra and Calculus III this summer and working besides. But at least I find derivatives and differentials fun and fascinating--of course Blake and Faulkner are loads of fun too. :-) I suppose that's what matters.

• Odrade
    Odrade

eh, I get sidetracked here sometimes. I'm an internet junkie for entertainment. LOL! Seriously though, I have my own business, I volunteer, I'm an obsessive reader (real paper books!!!) I keep aquariums.

I would like to do some serious traveling, so one goal is to make my business quite successful, since this will be our traveling/retirement/going out to dinner/do something about the yard money. HAHA! Plus, it would be great to be able to point to that and say "That's my business!"

I'd like to continue my education, both in the massage therapy field, and eventually working toward some kind of physical science degree. (Loooooong term goal.)

The WTS stuff becomes less and less important in my life. It will always have a place though, it shaped me. I'm trying to unshape certain parts, but you can't completely forget something that formed the bulk of the first 30+ years of life. I can minimize the negative effects with education and introspection though.

• skyman
    skyman

All my goals now do not include the Borg

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Leaving the cult physically is the easy part. Leaving the cult emotionally, mentally, and spiritually takes a lot of time. And some of those things will never leave. You have to adapt and use methods to live with them.

JWD is a great place to help others and yourself with this trauma.

It can sometime come across as a bunch of watchtower hating, teeth gnashing people, OK at times we are. But, it's all part of the method we have found for overcoming the brainwashing and false, ‘scary’, indoctrinations that we’ve had to grow up with. steve

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

• i am working on a degree in computational biology. that is my true passion.
    • i am working towards some sort of international humanitarian aid worker status.
    • i take cello lessons, and played in my first recital last night.
    • i build linux clusters.
    • i collect computer viruses.
    • i cycle.
    • i hike.
    • i read while doing all of the above, and during quiet moments.

• i just am.

are these goals? they are the journey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit