Going to a District Convention Undercover, suggestions?

by frankiespeakin 58 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm still undesided but leaning towards going to a few DCs under the cover of a worldly person(I'm really a DF'd evil apostate), I think this cover will let me ask some some thought provoking questions to different ones I can befriend durring the breaks,. Here my plan and cover:

I'm a worldy person that is in love with a JW sister who I work with, we have dated and even have been intimate(that outa perk up the ears of any hatchet man elder), and now she refuses to see me any more unless I become a JW, she encouraged me to go to this convention, but is afraid to be seen with me because she doesn't want people in her congregation to know she has a boy friend.

I think that kind of story would grab the interest of many sisters or brother and allow me to ask some hard questions about the organization and even allow me to bring up some things I found on the internet about dates and such and not be viewed as an apostate. Any sugestions? I think certain elders might want to play like he's interested in helping me in order to find out who the fornicating sister is.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think that's a good idea. If you want someone to approach you instead of you doing the approaching, wear a t-shirt or a beard so they can pick you out easily. I can think of a lot of humorous ideas about the t-shirt, but it sounds like you want to look out of place rather than cause a scene. I mean, wearing a Marlboro t-shirt would cause lots of gossiping, and they wouldn't pay attention to your doubting questions so much.

If your goal is to raise doubts among those you speak to, I think the story about you sleeping with your gf will distract them too much. Once you say that, I'd think their entire goal would be to find out who did the deed with you, but who knows.

I think certain elders might want to play like he's interested in helping me in order to find out who the fornicating sister is.

Maybe it would happen that way instead. Maybe say your cousin from has been witnessing to you by email/phone and you wanted to check it out for yourself, thought you'd just go to a convention to observe inconspicuously {suppress your laughter when you say "inconspicuously"}. You researched the religion and found all this stuff on the internet--then pull out the UN documents or something like that.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Odds are your story will result in your being grilled by the elders wanting to know what congregation this "girl" is in.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Reb,

Thanks for the sugestions. I think I can try out a couple of different senerios because there are lot of people that you can tell different stories to and if I don't get the right response just keep switching it with different people and see which one works the best.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

You know, it would be kind of funny to pass out tracts encouraging a college education after their drama.

Jeff Schwehm

www.catholicxjw.com

• rebel8
    rebel8
    there are lot of people that you can tell different stories to and if I don't get the right response just keep switching it with different people

Maybe that would work for a district convention because they're larger. All I can think of is my local assemblies and how rumors of worldly people would spread like wildfire. If you had come to those and told different stories, they would have known.

What not to wear to be undercover.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sometimes I like to tell them I'm writing a paper on JWs.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

i think thats a good idea, would noone know you tho?

my dc is in two weeks and my mum wants me to go all three days (seeing as they think i amtrying to get reinstated!) and sit with her, but hey i can read the bible at the dinner break so thats ok !!

i think i will go im a sucker for pleasing my family, altho i know im prob being crueler in the long run coz i know i defo dont want the 'truth' (bit confused at the mo)

ANYWAY frankie you have got me thinking, some may not know im dfed think ill wander round at dinner time and hopefully catch some out, (suddenly going isnt such a bad idea )

let us know how you go

x

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Can you imagine the way an elder's ear would perk up if I play that role and acted all inocent and act like I didn't know they Df'd people and that it was a serious sin? picture this conversation:

E: So how long have you to known each other?

Me: O about year, shes a pioneer or somethin like that her dad supose to be minister or elder, I forget what you call them, but she affraid he will find out, so she won't go with me to meetings but wants me to go by myself right now, and she told me about this thing and said I should go. She said to me no more sex, all though we only were intimate about 20 or 30 times, and that only married people are supposed to do it. Which I don't think is right after all she a grown women.

E: Well it is good to see you came, how do you like it so far? BTW may ask what congregation she in?

Me: It's alright I'm not the religious type but hey, if it makes her happy, why not.As far as what congregation she in I don't know but if I did I'd better not say she will get mad and it may end our relationship. I got a question maybe you can answer it for me?

E: What is it?

Me:Why does everybody keep say "in the truth"? WHat's that suppose to mean it sounds so confussing to me? I have a hard time understanding everybody, but they sure look happy for some reason.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Say that you have some JW (relatives)cousins who talked to you in a limited way in the past and that you would like to know what they believe in more detail, so you got the idea to attend the DC to satisfy curiosity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit