A few observations from the DC

by pillsbury 24 Replies latest jw friends

• alw
    alw

mcsemike - you still have a good life ahead of you - live and enjoy - you are very courageous and have integrity of self - something that has to be admired. I have empathy for your situation but alas my husband and I 'came out' at the same time, also our children are with us and we have no more family in the truth - very fortunate. Enjoy your life of education, and keep posting - lovely to hear from you and thanks for your story - alw

• zulukai
    zulukai

Mcsemike...Hi. Just want you to know I can relate to your story in spades.I too had it all, those gifts and talents of mind and ability and had to stuff them all down and prostitue my intellect to fit in with the dumbed down, underachieving mentality the Borg endorses. Saw it happen to others. Saw the blatant hypocracy of the double-standard too. The people who studied with me told me I was NEVER to go to college, not even to think about it. THEY sent their two sons to university...their sons did not become toilet engineers and floor polishers, nor did they ever "Pioneer" (What a dorky stupid term!) One kid with an IQ so far off the graph no one could measure it went on to become an extreamly well paid chemical engineer. The other guy became a school teacher just like his dad,the PO of our hall. Neither one left the religion over their "higher education". I too mourn what I should have been. Although I left the crappola and was enrolled in nursing school four months after I left it was a stopgap measure that I had to do for my kids..to put a roof over our heads and food on the table. I really should have gone into medicine like others of my non-dub family members but I was so exhausted and depleted from the screwing over I got from that cult it was all I could do to keep my sanity never mind go to school for the length of time that would have taken. I would have made a kick-ass investigative journalist too, another of my inclinations. It goes on and on. There have been times when I have just sunk down in misery when I, like you, realize what those morons took from me. There's not a damn thing the matter with being average and working at what you feel does it for you. But through the quirks of genetics some of us are inflicted with multiple talents, mental abilities just screaming to be addressed and to be told you have to be dumbed down and bland and grey and unremarkable to please the mental midgets in the GB, well it's obscene. I too have heard the same crap about the society never forbidding college education when we know damn well they sure as hell did and have written proof from their own books. I've also wondered mightily about the serious mental disorders that pass for intelligence in that religion. Look at all the sad stories on this forum, all kinds of mourning for what should have been and would have been had we not been brainf***ed over and over and over. Just get out there and do what you want to do...get those degrees, write that book...help others. I'm eternally grateful for what I was able to do. Just getting out of the robot farm was a big achievement in itself. Look at it this way: we're actually rejects of the biggest brain-transplant experiment of modern times!! :- )

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Dear Elsewhere: I liked "written with a wink". Let's add "with ink, with a stink, with a blink (the light keeps blinking on and off), written with a drink (at least when Rutherford was around), written by and for finks (since they squeal on everyone else), and the most important, "written without a THINK", since they don't know how to do that at all. Sorry for being a bad jokester, but there is so much to make fun of. I hate the WT so much.

LOL.... clever...

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Just get out there and do what you want to do...get those degrees, write that book...help others. I'm eternally grateful for what I was able to do. Just getting out of the robot farm was a big achievement in itself. Look at it this way: we're actually rejects of the biggest brain-transplant experiment of modern times!! :- )

Right on.... it's never too late.....REALLY.

Zulukai.... you express yourself extremely well. Ever considered writing as a vocation?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    My father is so happy that I quit this "sick, child-raping cult". He mourns for the wasted 30 years of my life and what I could have become if I had pursued my abilities. I now intend to get my master's and then doctorate, write books about WT child abuse, and to become a therapist. Better late than never.

mscemike....

I've never been a dub, but I've been on this board for a few years and your story is similar to others that I've read. I think we're in the same age group. Your dad may 'mourn' your 'wasted' years, but you still are extremely intelligent, are very talented and now possess a boatload of life experience that can be of tremendous value in helping people. Live for yourself now... it's sounds like you're on your way, and you can not be anything but successful in whatever you put your mind to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit