What are the differences between JW’s of different countries?

by DannyBloem 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

I have always wondered what the pot smoking rules are of JW's living in Amsterdam. If its legal, could you get disfellowshipped for doing it? Also curious about here in the United States, if you legally got medical mary jane, could you smoke it ?

Clayton

"Brothers dont shake hands, brothers got to hug"

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Hispanic JWs are much more warm and into family values. By far, the clickiest of JWs I've ever known! Like a very close knit family of sorts.

I notice, at least in the areas where I've lived here in the USA, that the American (anglo saxon) congregations seem very cold and distant. Excellent for fading!

DY

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    I have always wondered what the pot smoking rules are of JW's living in Amsterdam. If its legal, could you get disfellowshipped for doing it? Also curious about here in the United States, if you legally got medical mary jane, could you smoke it ?

Jw's in amsterdam are not allowed to smoke of course. I know amsterdam very well. Just like sigaret smoking is legal in states right...

And yes it is allowed as a witness if it is used as a medicine

• Gozz
    Gozz

Interesting topic.

I've been in a few congregations in very different countries and 've seen great differences. In congregations in mid- to Northern Norway, for instance, you'll most likely not be disfellowshipped for fornication so far you show some form of repentance; this may be true for the south too, even if you're a second or third offender. Many of the elders I know are a bit laid-back too: 'inactives' are usually dealt with kindly, provided they don't cause serious problems. When I last visited Africa, it was a huge surprise: stupidly zealous elders eager to disfellowship for any sort of human failing; tough rules; miss a meeting and you get a crowd at your place wondering if your world's ended... I think the WTS has a strong grip on the africa faithful, and it's most probably because they're yet to see the light of the Internet.

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

Thanks for the info Danny. Now when the elders ask me about it, I can say it's for my cataracts.

Clayton

" Brothers dont shake hands, brothers got to hug"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit