Pink Floyd is REUNITING!!!!!!!

by Thegoodgirl 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sith
    Sith

Hillary, I meant no personal insult to a friend. I only know what I've read about the man, rumor or not, and the difference in the band's output between pre-Barret and post-Barret. I know Parsons had a lot to do with the change in direction, but Roger Waters' skills took flight after Barret was no longer with the band. Barret battled personal demons, for sure. I am well aquainted with those bastards.

TIJ, one of the most beautiful, simple, thought-provoking songs I've ever heard is "The Tide Is Turning". The rest of the album may be shit (although I wouldn't agree) but that song makes up for it. Please don't disagree, you'll put a damper on our friendship

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Waters is good news -now if Syd Barrett was there also - that would be awesome

• prophecor
    prophecor

Waters is the answer behind the bands magic. Gilmour, along with him were a dynamic duo, Rogers, however was able to hold his own, with or without him, or the remainder of the band for that matter. Anyone not familliar with Roger's post Pink Floyd episode of " The Pros & Cons of Hitch Hiking " is doing their psychic soul a dis-service. It captures all the magic that was Floyd while bringing in artist such as Eric Clapton on guitar. This album is truly a quietly kept classic.

• Robdar
    Robdar

OMG!!!

Too bad Syd won't be there.

http://www.sydbarrett.net/Front%20Pages/art.htm

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

sith...no disagreement for me on the tide is turning...and i like the rest of radio kaos too ...just not as much as his other stuff

but i have just realised why he would do live 8

that song..tide..was written about live aid

and they have all done charity gigs since

even the berlin performance of the wall was a charity event...and there-in lies another tale..obviously numerous attempts had been made to get the band or roger to perform the wall but he always refused..his reply was always that he would only ever do it when the berlin wall came down (thinking it never would)...but he was coerced into doing it for an anti-war charity before the wall came down and by the time it was performed the wall was no more....spooky

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

How do I find out the titles of the songs (and the lyrics would be great too) for the "Live at Fillmore East, in 1970-San Francisco"? There are two songs that I am nuts about and don't know their names...one talks about a butterfly with broken wings...

I'm not the best with British accents when they are sung

It would have to be online cuz I don't get out much...........

TYIA

hugs,

Annie

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i texted a friend earlier to ask if he had won tickets for live8 or if he was going to buy them on ebay cos floyd were playing with roger

i had told him a few months back that there was a rumour and he had said it wouldnt happen

so he texts back and he says no...no...and r u sure bout roger

was just getting the official news to send him by email when he texts me back again

'just bought 2 off ebay 4 me and mrs....£600 4 the 2...it had to be done'

i replied and said if he cant get a babysitter i would take the mrs ticket for a 5er

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like.
    It's got a basket, a bell that rings and
    Things to make it look good.
    I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.

You're the kind of girl that fits in with my world.
    I'll give you anything, ev'rything if you want things.

I've got a cloak. It's a bit of a joke.
    There's a tear up the front. It's red and black.
    I've had it for months.
    If you think it could look good, then I guess it should.

I know a mouse, and he hasn't got a house.
    I don't know why. I call him Gerald.
    He's getting rather old, but he's a good mouse.

I've got a clan of gingerbread men.
    Here a man, there a man, lots of gingerbread men.
    Take a couple if you wish. They're on the dish.

I know a room full of musical tunes.
    Some rhyme, some ching. Most of them are clockwork.
    Let's go into the other room and make them work.

Good thing drugs played no part in the music of early Pink Floyd...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit