List the GB, please.

by Gill 31 Replies latest jw friends

• IT Support
    IT Support
    Carey Barber, I believe, is 100 on 4th July this year - ought we send him a card?
    how funny would that be

How about a singing telegram - like the YMCA 'Red Indian'??

• jgnat
    jgnat

Gill, you can't sue the corporation for deception, unless it cost some people their livelihood. The UN thing is very embarrassing only within Jehovah's Witness circles. Insiders realize how hypocritical that was.

The rest of the world, however, could care less. A major religious denomination became an NGO and then dropped it? *yawn*

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I think credit should be given, where credits due.

I'm amazed this guy can hold down two jobs.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001602/

steve

• greendawn
    greendawn

It would be also interesting to know who writes all the articles in the books, magazines, plus the weekly and all other talks, and who is drawing up the myriad of silly rules and regulations that oppress 6 million people. Is it these ten people that do it all?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It would be also interesting to know who writes all the articles in the books, magazines, plus the weekly and all other talks, and who is drawing up the myriad of silly rules and regulations that oppress 6 million people. Is it these ten people that do it all?

You ARE kidding, aren't you?

The bulk of the writng is performed by the anonymous drones of the writing department, who have all had their names surgically removed.

The governing body is concerned with serious theological questions, like "how many pedophiles can dance on the head of a pin?" and "how can we maximize our ROI?"

• greendawn
    greendawn

Nathan I didn't know who does all the writing, they say only the annointed prepare the spiritual food but apparently it's a lie.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Yearbook says there are over 100 corporations under the Pennsylvania corporation. That's not counting all the Kingdom Hall corporations.

• luna2
    luna2

Midwich, you forgot Mo, Larry and Curly!

LOL @ stevenyc

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

And what, pray tell, might this be: Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Also, does it look to anyone else as if that young woman is desperately trying to get her hand out of Carey Barbour's grasp?

• Gill
    Gill

Garybuss - Doesn't the fact that they have a Congregational Services Organization show and prove that they are in charge of/guide the individual congregations of JW?

kgfreeperson - I remember somebody posting about the 'Religious Order' of Jehovah's Witnesses title. It's some kind of loophole or some odd reason for their having taken up that name, I don't know if anyone else remembers the reason for that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit