would dubs ever go into field service if there was no record-keeping?

by zagor 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Honesty
    Honesty

They don't go out a lot around here even with record-keeping. Donuts and coffee, anyone?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

The time thing is used as a reward instrument so, no, if there was no way of being recognised as having done the time, what would be the point of doing it. E.G. if you did pioneer hours you got the kudos of being a pioneer, if you did enough hours a month you were deemed good enough to reach out for promotion up the ranks.

If a person was told they coundnt pioneer, for instance because they had a coat that buttoned up the mans way instead of the womans, but were told they could still put poineer hours in, do you think they would put all that work in for no formal kudos? No I didnt!!

If they changed the reporting system so that no-one at all got to know what time you had done, it was just between you and jehoba, then there would be no way to frig the system. If you did bugger all you would have done bugger all for jehoba, so however much you told yourself no-one knew you had done B.A. the point would be that jehoba knew. Guess they just dont trust the bro's enuf.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I tell people that JW's are expected to turn in a time slip at the end of every month detailing their field service activity, and they can hardly believe it.

• zagor
    zagor

I tell people that JW's are expected to turn in a time slip at the end of every month detailing their field service activity, and they can hardly believe it.

LOL
    I know had similar experience. Don't think that ANY religion has such success in controling its followers...

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Funny how I never saw it as a control mechanism when I was in, I saw it as a perfectly legitimate way of recording the 'growth'. And people love stats and the Yearbook fed us the stats, and that masked the hidden agenda quite well.

It was a way of breaking the tedium looking at all the freaky results like a 20% increase because there were now 6 reporters in Bangadesh instead of 5. I used to imagine those 6 poor people and what if they didnt like each other? Or that place where there was 1 reporter for every 240 population. I thought how truly AWFUL to have to get time in every month off the back of the same 240 people over and over again. They probably came in just to stop being pestered.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

After the change in the 1914 generation dogma I think a lot of dubs realised that they had been manipulated into harming their educational and financial prosects and lost interest in preaching, others lost the sense of urgency the WTS so carefully cultivated in them.

They do not realise. Some old ones were just said that they would not life to see…

However, I did ask my mum a similar question and she told me that only one person in the congregation gets to look at the reports and he has to keep it confidential so there would be little point in doing lots of hours just to impress him.

Mmm, it looks as though I've been lied to again.

Yes, all elders can see the reports, and they keep them also a long time. MS can also seen your statistics as they have some bussiness. (accompanying an elder on Shepart work or so). They will be used against you for a long time.

There are a lot of JW’s faking the report or adding some hours. Nobody questions that however when you do it.

But I guess most would go out preaching for loyality reasons anyway, it is not the only trick of the controlled system.

At every talk or every meeting the importance of preaching is always emphasises. Even a lot of JW’s get sick of it.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Zagor, I think you are dead wrong! Most Jehovah’s Witnesses I know are sincere people who believe in what they are doing. They actually feel that what they do pleases God and helps their fellow man. I know many people whose lives became better after becoming one of Jehovah’s Witnesses (including myself). This is not to say that the WT organization is not guilty of misrepresentation and hypocrisy just as are all other religions. However to label all Witnesses as insincere dupes is sinking pretty low. Jehovah’s Witnesses would continue to participate in field service even if the reporting requirement was dropped. I would agree that the amount of time spent in field service would decrease since the pressure of reporting time would disappear.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I wouldn't have, or hardly ever. Maybe i would have when there was a big group effort when the co was visiting. One church i went to did street evangelism periodically, maybe some door knocking as well. 'Course, i did not join in. If the dubs didn't have the reporting system, they would be just like the churches about 'the preaching work'.

S

• JohnHag
    JohnHag

Some probably go out whether time had to be turned in or not--But they like to turn in high hours so the elders eill look to whem as " well done my slave" They love to please MEN- If one is to turn in time at what point is going out in field service DONE OUT OF LOVE?---You will never know whether it is done out of love of neighbor- I know when i was doing it i would wlways watch my watch--Two hours is a long time when you dont really want to be there---But this time thing is to make one aware that he has to go from door to door--What other reason would it be? Then the elders look good to the circut overseerer-----Its all about pleasing MEN- Haggar

• evergreen
    evergreen

I always remember this chap in our hall. I would have to say that he was a zealot when he came to getting reports on time . If i was doing announcements ,he would always say dont forget to mention the reports.

If any individuals didnt report he would go to them with a report slip and get them to report wether they had been out or not. I dont think there were to many inactive ones in our hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit