OK I start a temporary job on Monday...

by TresHappy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

For those of you who didn't know, I was canned last month by my previous employer of 10 1/2 years. Yesterday I went to a temp service I had worked at way back in 94 and signed up with them again. They have a job for me starting Monday. I am accepting it but I will continue to send my resume and apply for jobs. Wish me luck!

• Purza
    Purza

Lots of luck to you!

Purza

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Way to go!! Knock 'em dead, kiddo!!

Lisa

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

yay!!!

progress...I hope when things pick up later this summer that you find something perm.

=)

• prophecor
    prophecor

You Go, Girl!!!.......

• Es
    Es

Good luck let us know how you go hun :) es

• Frog
    Frog

Tempings great! A really great way to work your 9-5 and get paid for what you do. Is also a great way to search around and try new industries, if you're a reasonably dedicated person it's extremely easy to impress people when you temp, so I dare say temping could lead to bigger more permanent things for you if that's what you're after. Enjoy it, and don't stress out, they don't expect you to be a master jack-of-all-trades on your first day:) enjoy, frog

• squinks
    squinks

I just started a temp job on Friday. Best foot forward, I am hoping to make a good impression so I will be offered a permanent position if one is available.

Good luck to you!!! and me!!!

• Simon
    Simon

I've been 'temporary' for the last ... ooh, seven years or so !

I think the only difference is that temp / contract staff know they are temporary. Permanent staff are often no more secure but just don't realise it.

Good luck with the new job !

• ballistic
    ballistic

I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but our "temps" earn about double what the "permies" earn. Sometimes I feel like giving up my job and re-applying for it through the agency.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit