OK I start a temporary job on Monday...

by TresHappy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Since I don't know if I will get unemployment benefits and I was getting very self-absorbed the other day, I was having crying fits and going to place I didn't want to go; I decided to try this temp service I worked with for a year before I found my other job. I got to work at the Sheriff's Department, the Bureau of Prisons, etc. when I worked there in 1994. I thought I have nothing to lose. I will continue to look for work because I want my state benefits back. Getting that type of job might take some time...

• hubert
    hubert
    I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but our "temps" earn about double what the "permies" earn. Sometimes I feel like giving up my job and re-applying for it through the agency.

I find that many "temp" jobs pay more, BECAUSE you don't get benefits, like insurance, paid holidays, vacation pay, etc. I have been working a temp job for 3 years now, but not through an agency. I get good money, but no benefits. The advantage of it is, I don't work 40 hours a week. I usually work 20 to 32 hours a week, depending on the work load. So, I get somtimes a 4 day weekend, which I absolutely love, and I get to spend lots of time with my great little grandaughter. That counts more to me, than 40 + hours a week. Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit