Disinformation

by Maximus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Hi waiting,

I agree. Another person may be to telephone Ray Franz and ask him all about it - I don't have his phone number right off the top of my head. Just a thought.

There is also a person writing a book that Maximus knows. Ask him too.

hawk

• Tina
    Tina

Hi waiting,
    I do understand,like I said...it just reminded me of the father ritter case. I dont think I said the whole Gb.I'm sorry if it sounded like that. I was thinking of one or two(again,I'm just envisioning a scenario here) I never in my life would think that the whole GB was like that. I do think there have been sincere members,and in no way would ever stoop to that abomination. Sorry waiting,my writing wasn't as clear or concise as it should have been. BTW,The father ritter story was fascinating! The book is called Father Tony's Boys. Just an aside. Would Maximus have commented? I dont know. Maybe he hasn't been asked about this specifically? Maybe the facts might hurt innocent ones (if this is clearly true) and silence in a public forum is for their benefit? I really dont know. I can think of many reasons,but there goes my imagination again :>. warm reagrds,Tina

Dear Hadenuff,
    My deepest apologies. I feel terrible that my post added to your distress. I never intended that. I will keep in mind that the emotional wounds are raw for many. I needed this reminder.Thank you. Again,sincerest apologies. luv,T

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

{{{{{Tina}}}}}

Thanks for your kind concern...but please rest assured it wasn't your post or anyones in particular, adding to my distress. The whole issue distresses me, but I'm not going to hide my head in the sand to any facts that anyone brings out.

I need to know all there is to know about the organization I put so much trust into. Knowing these things is actually more of a help to me than a hinderance. I helps to know facts, details, that add to my conviction even more so that I'm right in turning my back on what I believed all my life.

Some days are just worse than others when dealing with this knowledge. My last post to you was just my expressions of resignation that the "ivory tower" is more muddy than I ever could have imagined. I'm just so thankful to know the truth, and I can talk about it here and get it off my chest.

The worst thing for me is knowing how bad I feel, and I haven't even gone through the horrors that so many have. It makes me realize how much more crushed they feel. My deepest satisfaction will come from seeing justice done for these victims and knowing it has come from convictions based on facts, proveable facts. Then the borg cannot cry "poor me" and get any sympathy from me and cause guiltfeelings no longer.

Thanks again Tina

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Tina,

Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding. Being that child abuse is my personal background, and my family's, I get a little edgy sometimes.

From what I've read, imho, I think the GB is motivated by self-perceived godly power and the total urge to keep their godly organization in the status quo - except they want it to grow.

I read a paper on the web last year and failed to copy it (duh) on the growth of an organization.

It's started by it's own people for an agenda to help themselves - ie: the Teamsters, Democrats, JW's. Then it grows and becomes it's own identity, thus the true organization if formed, and helps it's people. Then it continues to grow and needs power to exist (along with money and followers) so it starts to feed upon itself to sustain itself.

Thus, the organization eats it's own to survive.

The article was written by an English politician - explaining why a person should be prepared to leave any organization he belongs to about every five years - because all organizations change from their original agenda.

I think the GB and now the other corporations in power, would do about anything they could get away with to keep the WTBTS growth and power - or to bring it back. Which makes them like just about every other corporation worldwide.

Hey Hawk

You've got those phone numbers? Gee, I'm so jealous. But then, I'd probably lose them. It's taken literally years for me to remember my husband's cell phone number. Of course, most the time I don't want to remember it. Freudian slip?

Thanks for your help with my family. You're a good'un. Indiana slang, btw.

waiting

• Tina
    Tina

Hi waiting,
    I wanted to respond yesterday,but had to dash out of town :>
    First thank you for understanding! Whew(sometimes I can confuse MYSELF lol)
    Secondly, I've seen your story and I believe you are one of the prime exapmles of the resiliency of the human spirit!
    I have nothing but respect and admiration for your strength and courage. When it comes to that issue,I defer to you as the expert. It was a part of your experiential world. And in your case,you took active steps to take control back of that world! Not for the weak hearted. Folks like you,7 and others have so much to give in the way of encouragement.(I've seen it on the other forum). You have a 'quiet strength' I find awesome! My hope is that folks can take the lead that you've shown! Warm regards,Tina

• waiting
    waiting

Hi Tina & Hawk,

Will wonders never cease........

I've communicated with Maximus, who says that Ray Franz has set certain boundaries for himself and will just not entertain questions beyond what he has chosen to write in his books. Max also sets personal boundaries and will only say publicly that the reputable sources treatment like AlanF's about Greenlees and Chitty is essentially correct. He does not publicly discuss his own detailed information, and he says he especially would not do so on in the context of this board.

Other than that tidbit - he says "howdy y'all." (I couldn't resist.)

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit