Disinformation

by Maximus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Maximus
    Maximus

Disinformation, noun.

1. Deliberately misleading information announced publicly or leaked by an organization, government or especially by an intelligence agency in order to influence public opinion or the government in another nation: “He would be the unconscious channel for a piece of disinformation aimed at another country's intelligence service” (Ken Follett).

2. Dissemination of such misleading information.
    —attributive.

Often used to modify another noun: disinformation operations; disinformation experts.

[Possibly translation of Russian dezinformatsiya.]

Maybe we need a reminder from time to time that the FDS manual includes a proviso to "be wise as serpents" in their war strategy.

Maximus

• Moxy
    Moxy

isnt that 'cautious as serpents?'

mox

• Maximus
    Maximus

Naw, moxy. See, the FDS manual is pre-1950 New World translation, and it also uses terms like "meat in due season." Don't tell anyone that a few of the gerontocrats are more comfortable with that term anyway.

I'm reliably informed that there are some "clever" attempts afoot to take the sting out of Dateline and related activities. Last time it was really inspired, a video of Bill's parents and all that ... Really effective.

Maximus

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

WOW! I really didn't think that they would pay ANY settlements. I guess I stand corrected on that issue. Thanks Max.
    Slayer

• Eusebius Hieronymus
    Eusebius Hieronymus

Your awakening will not be rude, but lots of JWs are going to have one. Wait till folks start discovering PACER and its tidbits.

"Oh, my, is that where our contributions have been going, dear?"

Yes, it's just a sum of money to take care of nuisances. The Society has done it for a very long, long time. No one seems to be getting it that it is coming from the crumpled bills put in the contribution box too, from people who can ill afford it.

Jerome
    Disgusted class

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Max,

By reading your posts, only a former Overseer like you would say these.

• jurs
    jurs

Max,
    Were you an overseer?
    jurs

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Maximus,

Were you referring to this thread about the August KM??

( http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=9075&site=3

hawk

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I'm reliably informed that there are some "clever" attempts afoot to take the sting out of Dateline and related activities.

Shoot the messenger, eh? Thanks Max, we'll be watching 'em.

Sir Fred,

By reading your posts, only a former Overseer like you would say these.
    We could say the same to you!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"You can know the law by heart, without knowing the heart of it"
    Philip Yancey, What's So Amazing About Grace?

• Farkel
    Farkel

jurs,

: Max, Were you an overseer?

Try PO, CO, DO and even HIGHER than that.

Do you understand now?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit