-A

• Anchor
    Anchor

Really needs a bump

-A

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello Maximus:

As always I/we appreciate your keeping us informed about all aspects of what is going on with the WTS.

I'm most interested in keeping a balanced view of this whole issue of pedophiles, their victims and the WTS. It sometimes can be too easy to caught up in the emotions of this issue and not see all the facts, BUT....

I'm trying very hard to understand what motivates the GB to take the measures they are, to protect their stand on how they handle pedophiles. I know someone answered "Can you spell lawsuit?" and I guess I wonder how they can conscientiously maintain this stand?

Aren't they going to feel the sting of lawsuits anyway, whether they maintain their stand or change it to start protecting the innocent? It seems to me that one way or the other, they are going to have to be held accountable for the past wrongs of harsh treatment of victims and protection of molesters.

To go to the extreme of giving out disinformation as you described:

Deliberately misleading information announced publicly...in order to influence public opinion
    ...seems to be scraping the bottom of the barrel of human decency.

Where is the purity and cleanliness of conscience that they so proudly profess? Do they actually believe they are doing what's right in God's eyes on this issue?

To air a video of Bill's own parents discrediting their own son in favour of the borg. is beyond decency to me. His parents must have been pressured into believing they were doing what's right, much like JW parents are pressured into shunning their own df'd children and/or doing it to maintain their own standing.

To use "clever attempts at taking the sting out of the Dateline program" is not something I picture Jesus doing. Jesus did not have a "war strategy".

I truly believe the quotation of Margaret Mead in my signature. I have no doubt that this "small group of citizens can change the world (read "borg").

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

• Tina
    Tina

Morning Hadenuff!
    I too have been mulling over the Gb's motivations on this issue.
    Money? I take that as a given,,,,,but I cant help but wonder if there isn't more to it than that.
    What keeps cropping up in my mind(probably wrong but it nags at me) is that there are some personal factors involved. Thinking of greenless &chitty prompts me to surmise that present day member/s have a serious vested interest in protecting their own sexual proclivities with minors. And that like the case of father Ritter of Covenant house(some years ago) who was exposed as a molester of the children (runaways etc)that he professed to protect. He had to leave his org in total disgrace.Losing not only prominence and money but his supply of victims. So much for purity of conduct ,conscience and motivation in that case. I dunno....just makes me think.......thanks for yours maximus' and all the other insights.hugs,t

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Had Enough

With all corporations like this - the ends justify the means. They will scrape the bottom of the barrel or be as nice as pie. All they want are 2 things - money and power over people.

They will only change unless forced too. Major lawsuits and major USA press converage will cause "pocketbook" pain. But they still must materialize first and must be major which has not presently occurred. When it materializes especially in the United States, and only when it materializes, then you "may" see change.

hawk

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Mornin' Tina:

I guess what causes me to dwell on their motives is the rollarcoaster ride my emotions keep taking on this issue.

My head and heart are still reeling with just the knowledge that this even exists in the borg and in the congs let alone trying to think deeper and figure out the whys and the motives.

I guess I'm still coming to grips with the fact that the borg. is more of a big corporation protecting its butt, than the spiritual leaders and fatherfigure I used to look up to them as....as well as coming to grips with the facts of their deliberate maneuvers to mislead the sheep for their own (the borg's) protection and self-preservation.

Hello hawkaw:

With all corporations like this - the ends justify the means
    Some days that's just a bitter pill for me to swallow. I see it plainly yet sometimes its just so hard to deal with.

I keep seeing the faces of those little children and their parents who have suffered for so long at the hands of these men, and I want so much to believe they (the borg) didn't mean to hurt them more than they've already been hurt. I keep trying to find a logical reason in my heart for their actions but it all keeps pointing back to what you and others keep saying -- the 2 things - money and power over people.

I guess my reasoning comes from the years of believing so deeply that this org was God's chosen people directed by Him to take care of us His sheep. I understand so much what others like "troubled" are going through to deal with this new image of the GB that is so ugly.

I haven't been hurt anywhere near what others have at the hands of the WTS and yet somedays its very hard to face the harsh realities I've been learning about and not become enflamed with bitterness.

All I can hope for is that some justification and change will result from all the time and effort that has been put into this "revolution".

Even though this is such an emotionally difficult time for so many of us, I look forward to more input from you all who are working so hard "behind the scenes". Keep it up, please!

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Tina,

I too have been mulling over the Gb's motivations on this issue......

...Thinking of greenless &chitty prompts me to surmise that present day member/s have a serious vested interest in protecting their own sexual proclivities with minors.

Proof of that is found where?

waiting

• Anchor
    Anchor

Edited out.

• Tina
    Tina

Hi waiting!
    Hope this finds you well :>
    Maybe it didn't sound clear that I was making a personal conclusion based on information I've read over time from what I consider reliable sources.

Norm encapsulates this in a post he wrote in the'Silentlambs that Signify (something,sorry Im not at home right now). You can find that right away here. Then I recall Randy has a photo published on his site. One of the older Gb when chitty and greenlees were on it-I found it interesting he made a notation by their names 'forced resignation'. I've seen info on A Common Bond,,,,, Kent has a great article about that under his pedophilia topic........can't think offhand right now where else. I'll get back to you when I get home. Like I said it's info I've seen over the years that leads me to think of the possible scenario I described in my post. I'd be interested in how you evaluate it! Hope this helps a little.hugs,tina

OOps just occured to me. You know Maximus,maybe he can lend some insight into this? Just a thought.T

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Tina,

Thanks for the leads, but no proof. I've been following the Chitty/Greenlees threads - particularily with Norm's and AlanF's posts. Very interesting - and food for thought.

However, it does seem to be a leap of faith and/or assumptions to go from 2 men to an entire group of men. Particularily when that group of men changes members at times, such as when Chitty/Greelees had "forced resignations."

I would assume Maximus would speak if he wished to, don't you?

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit