Does being a JW make a person physically sick?

by Gill 39 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I am a JW and not sickly nor poorly...

Anyway before, when I was young, I was when going to the assemblies or even sometimes throwing out when going to the memorial.My parent toldme the Devil was doing it to me :(

Anyway since I do not think the assemblies as the utmost important in my life I am not sick anymore. Probably the stress and anxiety.

Danny

• lilybird
    lilybird

I used to become physically ill when I had to give a talk in the Ministry school.Eventually the elder in charge took me off the talk list as I was always ill when i had to give talks.

• Gill
    Gill

Forscher - I wonder what happened to that poor woman!

lilybird - I know a lot of people who were and probably still are ill whenever they have to give a talk. First they have to put time and effort into preparing the thing. When they've finished giving the thing they have to be publicly en/discouraged and exhorted to do better next time.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I'm not sure if being a slave to the WT is what made me sick or not. However, since I jumped off the WTBTS plague ship in November 2004 I have never felt better. My doctors say it is a miracle.

When I was a dub my blood pressure hovered around 180/130, my liver was screwed up, my potassium was at lethal levels, I had acid reflux, neurothapy, fibromyalgia, cognitive dissonance and poor circulation.

Now I am perfectly healthy. I attribute it to Jesus healing me because I trust Him now instead of the leaders of a demonic cult.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I believe stress contributes to cancer, and I know there are a lot of people--including younger people--who have had cancer from my old KH, several have died. I realize cancer is becoming more common--but percentage wise I believe it's higher than normal in the JWs.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

OH yeah I beleive it did that to me. I was very sick as a child ,, arthrititis, tonsilities, bronchitis, quite often. I had a bought with Mono....and no I didnt kiss anyone.....lol.....that lasted , replased for a year. I was in an abusive home, with drug abuse going on as well,,,,,,,,so mentally, you can see how things were.

As a JW elder's wife,,,,,,, I started getting sicker after my last baby was born,,,,,,,,3 kids, the pressure of two of them with ADD, one almost didnt live to see his first birthday, and for three years I didnt know how his health would turn out.

I had pressure to do more, more service, go out in service with other people instead of just my hubby, so as to set the proper example. All of my life I had to be an elder's daughter or elder's wife and set the freakin' proper example.......My hubby was good about it and well, he did his best to keep them off of my back and it came down to him telling them they were making me sick.........literally.

Right before we left the borg, I was suffering from migraines and fibromyalgia so bad, I was getting demerol shots at the ER, more and more. Most of the time I cried, moaned and suffered in my room, in deep depression.

I really believe all the pressure and my own conflict of conscience with the JW way of life, even thou I thought I loved it and that it was 100% true , there was something wrong. I guess this all manifested itself in tension, constant stress and depression. All this just made the illnesss I already had, 100 times worse.

Now borg free, I still have boughts of fibromyalgia , usually if there is bad weather changes, or severe stress. I havent had to have a migraine shot since I left the borg.

The proof is in the puddin' huh? lol

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    I believe that the stress of the bOrg makes people ill.
    AMen. Plus, Subconciously, people want to stay home... lol.

YES Lots of autoimmune disease among the people I knew. It's the stress--I always got migraines before assemblies--I really didn't want to go--I knew that, but I thought there was something wrong with me that I didn't. My daughter's friend alway threw up before assemblies. I think that most people don't find going to the KH or assembies the a joyous occasion we were supposed to and and think there is something wrong with because they don't.GUILT GUILT GUILT Thinking back when I was really sick I was in a way relieved because I didn't feel guilty knowing I had a legitimate excuse to stay home. Fr the first year I stopped going to meetings I felt unwell every Tues and Thurs night and Sunday morning. I had extreme anxiety even though I knew I no longer consciously believed the WT org--kind of like it was programmed into me. I know many are struggling with their conscious and subconscious minds. Being a JW is like being in the twilight zone--half asleep and not in full control of who you really are--which causes a lot of disfunction and discomfort with ones self cybs

• Terry
    Terry

Wax fruit looks exactly like real fruit. Sometimes it even looks better! But, what happens if you eat it?

You get sick.

The eye can be fooled; but, not the body.

Our MIND can live in a fantasy world and easily. But, our poor body always lives in the REAL world.

No matter what you feed your mind, the body lives in the real world.

Crazy thinking is "crazy" because it doesn't fit the REAL world. The real world is cause and effect.

Magic thinking, fantasy, delusion, religious ideas all feed the mind on waxed fruit. The mind isn't physical and doesn't know the difference! But, this craziness doesn't FIT the real world and the body goes out of harmony.

Your body is smarter than your mind. Why? Because it is rooted in the HERE and NOW. But, the mind can be anywhere and nowhere.

You have to think REAL thoughts about real things or your performance as a physical being will be damaged and the result will by somatic and symptomatic.

Stinkin' thinkin' leads to illness.

Terry

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

My cong is filled with sick people. Most suffer from some form of mental anguish. So I would have to say YES tht being a JW can make a person sick.

wanna

• Pole
    Pole
    Our MIND can live in a fantasy world and easily. But, our poor body always lives in the REAL world.

AMEN!!! I still get sick when I remember how I honestly sought advice in the spiritual paradise of the WTS to solve my real problems. As a witness you really have to be cynical enough to ignore WTS advice to avoid serious problems with mental and physical health. It is usually those who take it seriously that suffer most.

Pole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit