No compassion during Bible Study

by Grace 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Grace
    Grace

I was remembering today about a Bible Study an Elder's wife took me on once (actually, her Elder husband was the congregation overseer). After the chapter was over for that day (I think the Knowledge book), the Elder's wife asked when we could arrange the next study. The frail single mother of three evaded the question, and the Elder's wife persisted. Finally, the study said, "Well, to tell you the truth, I'm going into the hospital on Monday for a masectomy." The Elder's wife said, "So you won't be able to have a study next week, then?"

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

WOW!

How horrible! Things like that piss me off.

Brooke

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

What a B**ch!

Man those dubs sure know how to show compassion.

DL76

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There is so much love there you can feel it and tell they are true christians and Gods chosen organization

• luna2
    luna2

Doesn't that just take the cake? All that selfish dumbass could think of was herself and her stupid "service" schedule.

To be fair, I have known a good number of JW's who are mega compassionate and will bend over backwards to help their studies with things...often to the point that you really have to question whether the person is truly interested or just doesn't want to give up all the support. A happy medium would be nice.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Oh my god you are! Can I give you a ride to the hospital?
    Can I help you with the kids? Do you have anyone to be with you?
    Do you need meals to be cooked?
    Kiss my but?

No, just "So this means no study? huh?"

Uhhgg.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Maybe a nice "God bless you, and may you get well." Nah, the schedule was disrupted, have to hit the donut shops instead and track down a 6 year old R.V. What a group!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Unbelievable...

• theotherside
    theotherside

how about if u need me Im here 4 u and through it all I will be praying 4 u .....jws hardly ever say I will be praying 4 u ....sounds so much like Christendom i geuss

• Soledad
    Soledad

I'm not surprised

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit