Are you addicted to this website?

by Podiatrist 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Podiatrist
    Podiatrist

I mean seriously, since I’m not a jw perhaps I’d have a different opinion about it all. But a colleague from work says she don’t want to come here as she got “addicted” to it and couldn’t get anything else done. She apparently knows of similar other cases.

Just wondering what your experiences are. Oh yes, I don’t want to offend site administrator either , this was not meant to be critical at all. Maybe there’s nothing wrong with the site but with the nature of the beast.

Your thoughts please!!

• Netty
    Netty

kinda, sorta, but not really. Mine comes in waves. I cant be here much during the school year, too much going on. But then in the summer, since my shedule is a little less tight, I sure seem to be here alot!

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

No...I just like the community and talking to people who have been in my situation before.

• homesteader
    homesteader

If someone is addicted to a website or anything, it isn't the object that is the problem. I'm finding this website to be very helpful in the the jw healing process . If it is an addiction to some, I guess it's better than some other evils that cost alot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and damage your health. cheers.

• carla
    carla

Lately? yes. As a non jw, no one knows what the heck I am talking about. You have no idea the relief that 'someone' outthere knows how it really is. My thanks to all of you. carla

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Hi,

I'm Steve, and I'm a JWD aditict

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

in a way i am addicted, yes. the force is strong with the JWD...

but seriously. this is a board of survivors. a lot of the people here have just ripped themselves away from a mind control cult. they lose their friends and family. and then they come accross this place. this place were we are all survivors and victims of the same thing. we're coming from the same place, but it is beautifully obvious that everyone is going their own way. the talk is friendly, touching and stimulating. it is association with people that "get it". it can be a very powerful force. soon, you find your own voice, and suddenly you realize you are 500 posts in, and have negelected all sorts of other things. but i guess it is part of the healing process.

i wouldn't trade a minute of it. i need to be whole again.

• Podiatrist
    Podiatrist

...just want to add that I have no stong feeling either way :)

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

tetrapod.sapien,

Yep, I'm totaly with you on that. Even though I had left many years ago, it was only recently that I started to face up to the scares it left behind. This board has been my path to becoming me. To discover so many other people with the same history and questions has given me the strength to start the recovery, and I have made friends on the way.

Not bad IMHO.

You know the posters that give me more strength than I would have thought possible are the hardline JDub defenders. I love to read the posts with Alanf, Narssosis, and Leolela, ripping apart the profoundly dumb arguments of WTBTS 'scholars', reading the JDubs twist and turn in a way I used to do. I can remember my internal confilicts while I was trying to defend made up dogma.

....anyway, I'm rambling, Yep it's a great board, and I'm always checking the posts, even though I'm not a prolific poster.

steve

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

The last few days have been sorta rough. The only thing that has got me thru was this site. Just being here I don't feel AS crazy as I can be. Been job hunting, with no luck. Plus my JW mom is back on her kick in every email, "if you'd only come back to jehovah". Yea, like that's goning to happen in my lifetime!! Tonight I finally let her know AGAIN, that topic is off limits. And this time I wasn't too nice. NOBODY wants to argue with me!!

So, yea, I'm addicted to anything that makes me feel better, including this site!! And all of ya'll!!

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit