Revenge of the Jedi - Quotes site PR campaign

by EscapedLifer1 30 Replies latest jw friends

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1
    Have you sent a copy of the press release to Stephen Bates

Yes, I have. Also to 20/20, 48 Hours, PrimeTime Live, and a couple others too. It usually takes a few days for something that isn't BREAKING NEWS to generate a response, so it may be a few days before this story gets picked up.

Here's hoping!

Brandon

• Swan
    Swan

I thought the part about them denouncing the UN as a tool of the devil was especially good.

Tammy

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I've sent an email with succinct details and links to the Quotes site and this thread to the following newspapers:

• The Seattle Times
    • The Seattle Post-Intelligencer
    • The Seattle Weekly
    • The Stranger

SNG

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

seattleniceguy,

Thanks! That's Awesome!! Anyone else want to shoot this to your regional media outlets you are more than welcome to do so!!!

Brandon

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

In case anyone would like to send a short message to the news desks of their regional news outlets but don't know what to say, here's what I sent, which you may find helpful:

Dear Editor,

I would like to make you aware of a press release concerning the recent efforts and temporary success of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society to shut down a web site via legal intimidation. The web site is a scholarly site that contains quotations from the WTBTS's historical publications to document their changing and often contradictory stands on a variety of issues. The story is especially interesting in light of the fact that the WTBTS has fought so hard historically to establish their own rights to freedom of expression, taking tens of cases all the way to the Supreme Court.

The site in question is:
    http://quotes.watchtower.ca.

There is a press release with more details and contact information at the following URL:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/92209/1.ashx

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Regards,
    [Name]

• seattleniceguy
  • RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well written. It looks and reads like it was done by a professional.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

I sent it the the Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune, Stevens Point Journal, Marshfield Herald, and the Wausau Daily Herald the day this was posted. So far no response.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Wanted to add that these are smaller communities, but every little bit helps!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Your wish is my command email updated/upgraded instructions [email protected]

Danny Haszard press release king somebody please take my crown Crown

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit