Raising boys

by JeffT 18 Replies latest social humour

• JeffT
    JeffT

RAISING BOYS (OR FOR THAT MATTER, GIRLS, TOO)

a) For those with no children - this is totally hysterical!b) For those who already have children past this age, this is hilarious.
    c) For those who have children this age, this is not funny.d) For those who have children nearing this age, this is a warning.
    e) For those who have not yet had children, this is birth control.

THINGS I HAVE LEARNED FROM MY BOYS

1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.

2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.

3.) A 3-year old boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.

4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.

5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When
    using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a very long way.

6.) The glass in windows (even double pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh," it's already too late.

8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

9.) A six year old boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36 year old man says they can only do it in the movies.

10.) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4 year old boy.

11.) Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.

12.) Super glue is forever.

13.) No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

14.) Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15.) VCR's do not eject "PB & J" sandwiches even though TV commercials show that they do.

16.) Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17.) Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

18.) You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.

19.) Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.

20.) The fire department in Austin, Texas, has a 5 minute response time.

21.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.

22.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does, however, make cats dizzy.

23.) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

24.) 80% of men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.

25.) Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

lol Those are great.

I'll add a few.

A playground slide is not a bike or skateboard ramp.

A sideview window does not like stones kicked at it

Throwing boulders at your sister will result in serious injury and a trip to the emergency ward.

When your good friend offers your son a just sharpened hunting knife, respectfully refuse it.

Bikes driven at high speed into a wooden fence DO result in injury

Jumping from the top stair of the second floor to the bottom of the first floor is not a game.

Not telling your dad the back brakes on your bike are worn out, and only the front brakes work and going down a steep mountain trail is just downright stupid. (thank you bike helmuts)

Going off to try the brake fluid and Clorox trick.

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

This is scary, my little boy is only 3, is this what i have to look forward to? He
    is daring as it is. My goodness!
    Off to cuddle my sweet little boy, that may not stay sweet for much longer!

MP

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

80% of men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.

ROCK ON!!! I'm outta here to go try that.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

OMG that made my day , lol.

I have two boys,,,,,,,18 and 10, sometimes the 18 acts 10 and the 10 yr old acts 18.....always into something like those things you described.

My youngest son loved to take a piss on anything, anywhere, anytime. Have you ever smelled urine burn on an old gas space heater??? The worst smell ever.

My youngest son,,,,,,,again.........got caught taking his first dip of Skoal........the look on his green face as he was trying to wash it out of his mouth with the waterhose was........PRICELESS!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on.

or Kittens.........I have 4 boys........and well, I think I have seen it all........but when they threw the kittens up and they got whacked by the ceiling fan that was about all I could take one fine day long ago. I put the dead kittens outside with bags over them, till I could give them a proper burial. later that day, we are gonna have a funeral and the kittens are gone? Seems they do have 9 lives afterall............and they grew up to be real great cats..........oh and the boys........they grew up to be pretty fine too.

oh, and when you throw crabapples over a fence......just cuz you cant see anything over there, does not mean there are no cars over there........that got all dented and the police got a call and I got a visit..........man never a dull moment.

purps

• Sith
    Sith

I've got a 22 year old and a 13 year old. They both act like they're 9. Come to think of it, so do I

• Balsam
    Balsam

Oh lord, I raised 3 sons and they nearly drove me insane with the things they pulled, but I can say I've survived ( I think). LOL And so far they turned out good. LOL

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LOL Purps, four boys,,,,,,,omg......and I think my two are gonna kill me.......the things they do.

But the daughter...........the things she says.........I don't know which is worse , the actions of boys, or girls who are sassy.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

This was all so Funny!

I have a 3 year old daughter and a 18 month old Son .......I am scared!

I hear "Uh Oh" all day! Also, Never in my life have I ever used the vaccuum so many times in one day. I have scraped Nutri Grain bars off the floors I don't know how many times! I am begining to think things don't get better they get worse!...lol. Oh well I have my vaccuum my 409. I am ready!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit