Jesus or the Kingdom?

by theotherside 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• theotherside
    theotherside

It appears 2 me that jws harp so much on the new system and the " good news of the kingdom " that maybe the real theme of the bible is lost in the process. From what I've studied the theme of the bible is all about Jesus. From the seed of Genesis 3:15 to gods promise to Abraham to giving the Law as a tutor to Christ ( You can't live or justify your salvation by Law, You must have sins atoned 4 by Jesus' sacrifice) 2 the real Good News of the first century Faith in that sacrifice and living like Jesus did and being a Christian which is learning how 2 love which brings life RIGHT NOW and future prospects of hope. Instead of an all or nothing outlook 4 some future paradise where life can be better. I think being a Jehovah's Witness preaching about a new world government or kingdom and being a true follower of Christ, are totally different ways of life. Or is it just me?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hey, I think you are right..........good thought, puts it all in a different perspective...

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

You might enjoy reading The Power of Now, by Ekhart Tolle.

I will send it to you if you are interested.

purps

• a Christian
    a Christian

You got that Right!

• Honesty
    Honesty

The JW's just forget to read the following before they set out from the Kingdumb Hell to share the Good News:

*** Rbi8 Galatians 1:7-9 ***
    7 But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

• theotherside
    theotherside

so true honesty anything else is contrived by the leaders of the borg 2 keep jw busy with organizational agenda

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Yep they preverted the good news, as Honesty points out above.

TheOtherSide,

I have not welcomed you to the board yet. You already have the picture. If you read Galations and Romans, especially with that hated LIVING BIBLE (paraphrased bible) it is perfectly clear that WORKS OF LAW "saved no man" but getting "right with God" is FREE, just believe it is so.

While I believe the message Jesus offered is much deeper then Christendom offers and yet is only a stepping stone itself, this getting RIGHT WITH GOD BY FAITH is a step that cannot be skipped by western society riddiled with guilt.

Just remember Paul said, "I came to know nothing but Jesus Christ". In the Watchtower we came to know EVERYTHING BUT Jesus Christ.

Jst2laws

• gumby
    gumby

The fall of man was the issue, and the redemption of man through christs blood by all those who would believe in him was the theme. The kingdom inheritance was a side benifit to those in christ. The dubs look at christ as Jehovah's supervisor over his kingdom and make the kingdom the theme.

Gumby

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    While I believe the message Jesus offered is much deeper then Christendom offers and yet is only a stepping stone itself, this getting RIGHT WITH GOD BY FAITH is a step that cannot be skipped by western society riddiled with guilt.

Very insightful.

Yet it is all the more noteworthy that western society, which has been fed this message with increasing radicality over the centuries (Paul, Augustine, Luther), is -- is still -- the one most riddled with guilt.

Is it a case of the cure being the poison or the poison being the cure?

As a side thought: watching at Christian summaries of "THE Bible message" for ages, no wonder so many Jews have grown a strong sense of humour...

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Since the book was compiled from material written and edited with different agendas, attempts to see any one theme or 'message' are bound to differ. Each projects their personal agenda on the compilation and is adamant they sense the import of the whole. Generally speaking the magority of the Bible is a polemic against the religious and political rivals of the eventual victors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit