Jesus or the Kingdom?

by theotherside 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    The JW's just forget to read the following before they set out from the Kingdumb Hell to share the Good News:

*** Rbi8 Galatians 1:7-9 ***
    7 But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

Well stated Honesty - I have heard them pervert this scripture often - usually applying it to those who leave the organization, or to Christendom. There is now a framed quote of John 14:6 on my wall - "I am the way and the truth and the life - no one comes to the Father except through me." I believe this is the essence of Christian thought - I feel a sense of shame that for 40 years I missed the point as a brainwashed Dub. I mean, I knew it but somehow reconciled it with the Watchtower propoganda. Theotherside - Welcome to the forum. Jeff

• gumby
    gumby
    There is now a framed quote of John 14:6 on my wall - "I am the way and the truth and the life - no one comes to the Father except through me." I believe this is the essence of Christian thought - I feel a sense of shame that for 40 years I missed the point as a brainwashed Dub

Hi Jeff. Suppose you would have been born and raised in Iraq and you still lived there,........what religion do you suppose you would be? Would you be a sincere Muslim?

If you were sincere and Jesus came a second time.........would he approve of you? Does what you said mean that every person on this planet that doesn't know Jesus has no relationship with god?

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

And to that I would paraphrase CS Lewis, who wondered that whilst Christians believe that all must come to God through Christ, whether their knowledge of this fact was required

• gumby
    gumby

.....and did CS Lewis ever find out the answer?

......btw........top of the mornin to ya bro

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ozzie pops in to wave at LT and Gumby.

• gumby
    gumby

*waves back at the Ozmeister*

Gumby

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    "I am the way and the truth and the life - no one comes to the Father except through me."

Agree, a beautiful scripture worth framing. Sad though, how in support of their narrow beliefs, Christians commonly use it to subtract from and belittle God.

j

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    being a Christian which is learning how 2 love which brings life RIGHT NOW and future prospects of hope. Instead of an all or nothing outlook 4 some future paradise where life can be better. I think being a Jehovah's Witness preaching about a new world government or kingdom and being a true follower of Christ, are totally different ways of life. Or is it just me?

I thought about this today..........setting up a new world government, is a business........and a true follower of Christ is a way of life.........

the society is trying to mesh the two and they are not doing a very good job of it

Or is it just me?

no, its not just you......

purps

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I totally agree that the Witties have got it just a tad wrong (loads of sarcasm for good measure)

I'm sure they preach that the theme of the bible is the soveinty of Jehovah - however once you actually leave & put everything into perspective it is all about receiving "life" now & him living within you now......

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

you traverse sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit