New Convention Publication All About Basic Doctrines

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's good to see that they have run out of ideas and how they keep serving repeatedly the old food. The fact that they have nothing new could be a sign that they will soon start falling apart. Insiration has apparently left them.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    They continually need these new books so they can retire older conflicting books.

How true!

Strange that they should feel the need for yet another book to explain JW doctrines? I thought they were "bible based" - why not just use the Bible?

Or am I missing something?

• metatron
    metatron

The Knowledge book was a big disappointment to the Society. It didn't go over well

and some C.O.'s admitted as much.

The critical isue here is not what the new book says, but rather what it omits

or downplays! The Knowledge book softpedaled holidays. The newer "Worship" paperback

book skipped the blood issue completely.

metatron

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The critical isue here is not what the new book says, but rather what it omits

or downplays!

The Boys in Writing must have been burning the midnight oil to pull another book of slimy omissions and weasel-words together to make a "new" book!

We can sit back and imagine how many loyal Dubs will be lined up to get their copy after the session! And they will all traipse out to their cars to head home....clutching that book---with that glazed and empty look pasted on their faces.

Been there---done that. Feel stupid now.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Why do they have to insist on more & more publications - another little book to make money out of, another little book to steer you way of the true path. *spit*

• luna2
    luna2

It's really rather essential that they rehash doctrine since they change it so much.

I think a lot of JW's are having a hard time remembering what it is they are supposed to believe from one year to the next, let alone try to explain it to others, as they troop from door to door looking for converts. Once you've had a certain doctrine drilled into your head meeting after meeting, year after year, it's very hard to dislodge it, so they pretty much have to put all the brighter light in book every so often and make everybody studies it to get the new thinking firmly in place.

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

Yeah, I sometimes wondered if they even research their own literature to make sure they don't contradict themsleves, but apparently not.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I too am interested in what the new book covers or leaves out. I am hopeful it still goes easy on holidays and doesn't push the blood doctrine. It will be interesting to see how much they push the F&DS doctrine. I bet it pushes F&DS and family study, etc. They have to focus more on families if they are to have any chance at retaining the youth.

RANT (sort of)

I've never understood why the dubs don't have a youth oriented ministry, sunday school, outdoor play gym, etc. for the younger ones. I mean I know why, but I just don't understand it. If you want to retain youth you should make more activities for them to be involved in. If the dubs had a soccer or basketball youth league or something it could all be part of an overall indoctrination. Can you imagine telling your spouse that you didn't want the kids playing basketball with the jw youth group but the local city sponsored group instead? You'd be in for a fight.

As an elder I tried really hard to motivate the youth, but half the time it was the parents who weren't interested in having additional things to do. Can you imagine making a play date for the kingdom hall play gym or attending sunday school before the talk and wt study? This would make everything a lot more enjoyable for the youth. Oh maybe that's why they refuse to do it. The truth isn't supposed to be enjoyable.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/92239/1.ashx

What the new book is about.....From the What's Old is New Again thread.

• blondie
    blondie

Make a comparison

Knowledge book (has been soft cover for some time, most WT pubs are)

Chapter 1 You Can Have a Happy Future

Chapter 2 The Book That Reveals the Knowledge of God

Chapter 3 Who Is the True God?

Chapter 4 Jesus Christ—The Key to the Knowledge of God

Chapter 5 Whose Worship Does God Accept?

Chapter 6 Why Do We Grow Old and Die?

Chapter 7 What God Has Done to Save Mankind

Chapter 8 Why Does God Permit Suffering?

Chapter 9 What Happens to Our Dead Loved Ones?

Chapter 10 God’s Kingdom Rules

Chapter 11 These Are the Last Days!

Chapter 12 Resist Wicked Spirit Forces

Chapter 13 Why Living a Godly Life Brings Happiness

Chapter 14 Whose Authority Should You Recognize?

Chapter 15 Building a Family That Honors God

Chapter 16 How You Can Draw Close to God

Chapter 17 Find Security Among God’s People

Chapter 18 Make It Your Aim to Serve God Forever

2005 New Release

Chapter 1--WHAT IS THE TRUTH ABOUT GOD?
    2--THE BIBLE-A BOOK FROM GOD
    3--WHAT IS GOD'S PURPOSE FOR THE EARTH?
    4--WHO IS JESUS CHRIST? 5--THE RANSOM--GOD'S GREATEST GIFT
    6--WHERE ARE THE DEAD?
    7--REAL HOPE FOR YOUR LOVED ONES WHO HAVE DIED
    8--WHAT IS GOD'S KINGDOM? (chapter 10)
    9--ARE WE LIVING IN 'THE LAST DAYS'? (chapter 11)
    10--SPIRIT CREATURES--HOW THEY AFFECT US (chapter 12)
    11--WHY DOES GOD ALLOW SUFFERING?
    12--

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit