Would You Feel Safe Visiting A Muslim Country?

by Englishman 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

..just wondering.

I'd thought of maybe visiting somewhere like Turkey later this year. I believe it's absolutely stunning. Plus, the people are said to be very pleasant too. Somehow, though, I feel a sense of uneasiness about visiting a Muslim country. I feel that life is somehow regarded by them as being of considerably less value than it is in Christian countries.

I did once spend a day in Albania and it was not nice at all.

Englishman.

• blondie
    blondie

As a Western woman, probably not; it would also depend on how orthodox they are regarding laws for women.

Can't drive in some

Can't wear short sleeve shirts in others

And some are just down right dangerous with random bombings.

I don't stroll down the street of every US city either.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Nope. Nor do I plan on ever going. Too much to see in my beautiful country.

• skyman
    skyman

I know I would not feel safe.

• doogie
    doogie

i'm scared enough in the christian ones

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

To make myself feel safe, I would have to seriously infringe on the people.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I thought Britain was a Muslim country! LOL!

I went to Egypt, but that was pre 911. I know my other half doesn't feel comfortable with the idea. But I wouldn't balk at going to Turkey. The ads on tv that have been on the last few months make it look lovely and its dead cheap compared to the Med and rest of Europe.

• jula71
    jula71

No,I wouldn't, and not cause I'm American but simply because I’m not Muslim. Extremists believe anything not-Muslim is a legitimate target.

• Bas
    Bas

I would go to Turkey and Tunesia....Indonesia and Malaysia too, is Thailand Mulim? I would go there as well, as far as the other countries....UAE, I would go there, also Quatar, but all of the others, including Egypt I would avoid for a long time to come...

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

The wife and I have just returned from Jorden. Absolutly beatiful.

The people with very hospitible and increadably welcoming.

The problem with the muslem countries is political, if you go as a guest, you will be received as a guest.

When a muslim says to you 'welcome' it is more than just a word.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit