Something else to scare JWS

by skyman 24 Replies latest jw friends

• skyman
    skyman

Beef Blood Plasma OK For Use As Food Binder-EU

Obtained from the blood plasma of cattle and pigs. The thrombin:fibrinogen preparation is applied to meat, where thrombin transforms fibrinogen to fibrin that interacts with collagen, enabling the binding of meat pieces in reconstituted meat. It can also be used for poultry, fish and seafood.

I can see it now don't eat the food it has blood conponents in it.

http://www.foodnavigator.com/news/ng.asp?n=60464&m=1FNE606&c=ujahnsrpzghylqg

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

WHy such a Fing big deal about blood products in the food? I mean its muscle- thats what meat is- which blood flows through. Yet they'll throw a shitfit over something like this...

• skyman
    skyman

Over here in the Pacific Northwest USA when I was kid I could not eat MARS candy bars. If I was caught the MARS police two olderly Nosey sister would throw a fit. Twice brothers at our circuit Ass. brought it out from the stage as if the world was trying destory JWS. So it became the law here locally. Then a Circuit Overseer said to quit the nonsense but those individuals never stopped just sorta quited down.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Skyman,

Really MARS bars? Wow never heard that. I remember back in the 70's all vitamins were scanned for blood additions especially if they had liver in them. There was a real fear and phobia of getting a little blood in something. How sinful. Anyway the fear finally played out and little was said latter on. Some anal retentive governing body member probably got the scare going. Like the scare on sex and was was ok and what wasn't. Good grief people were divorcing over different things in their marriages that they thought was unclean. The general JW mentality was grab onto anything that was way out there. LOL

The blood in food was kinda the same thing back then, but no doubt it could happen again.

Balsam

• Bas
    Bas

all meat you eat contains a little remnant of blood, you can never get all of it out of the meat.

• skyman
    skyman

On the funny side I remember the vitamin scare. One of the biggest I can remember was chicken here locally a sister found out the chickens were electrocuted so she felt that the blood could not be drained. Before lond she had every congregation form here to the coast going. The Circuit Overseer had to make it his personnel compain to stop the confusion. He told everyone that the chickens after they are killed they are gutted and then hung so the blood was drained by gravity.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Can you even imagine how insane this sort of thing must seem to normies?? How embarrassing..

GBL

• upside/down
    upside/down
    normies??

I love it!

u/d

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

We had a sister in our congregation that gave the butcher the third degree over this stuff. Plus, I think there was a WT article that forbade JWs from allowing even their pets from getting blood transfusions.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

In our area Bovril was generally regarded as the devils animal based savoury spread of choice, and there were long debates and letters to manufacturers about red sweeties as they had cochineal in to colour them which was allegedly made from the blood of beetles (do beetles have blood?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit