A Moral Dillema... and ideas?

by Abaddon 24 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    more morally justifiable for you to threaten to report her to the elders than for her to threaten to cut you off from your children

Reporting her to the elders only works if the Elders are moral people. Trust me...the BOE would rather have her sh*t on every chair in their KH than even appear to back you in any way, shape or form. She's not active? And your known to be Anti? They will do anything to get her to fill a chair and drop dollars in the box.

They would back her and make a play to "encourage" her back in...and she will take advantage of the dodge. You still get to do the real dealing in the courts after taking time out of your life to speak with the Dubs.

Your girls will make their own choices soon enough. Your integrity and the love you show them as you can will eventually win out.

~Hill

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Abaddon,

Maybe I missed something here..........

If you're not comfortable with telling the elders about her living conditions and loose lifestyle , then why not find someone who is? Is there someone who would make a call to them and give a few details, so that it could be checked out? Things would taked their own course, and you wouldn't have done the deed!

As for all the other stuff, adding on to the house, the mental abuse of your kids, etc, if you don't have a lawyer or agency that helps in these cases---get one. At least you'd have some concrete (and legal) suggestions on how to straighten all this stuff out!

Wishing you the best.....

hugs,

Annie

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Thanks again for your concern.

Please realise that my x might be an irrational mean bitch to me... but she is a pretty good mum to the girls.

Spend an afternoon in their company, you'd be charmed.

She's over-protective, still carries cult-baggage, and is not setting the best example in some areas. Her behaviour towards me might distress the kids at times and make the situation worse than it could be... but up until now I've not felt the environment they grow up in is anymore or less harmful than many divorced families. My opinion on that might change in coming months.

I would far rather force her compliance with a threat I would carry out that she would find unbearable (and be able to do nothing about) than go to court - at this stage.

In court I have no doubt I could make her look like ambulatory excrement if I wanted to. Having an ex-wife that writes letters that look like they've come from a mental patient is a great boon in this situation...

At any point the kids could come and live with me if it were legally possible for them to do so... and when I am back in the UK (which I will be anyway) that will be so much easier (and prohibitively expensive international legal action will become far far cheaper and possible if it is required - AND they're at an age when they could probably sway the judge themselves).

But the biggest lesson my ex has ever given me is not to give into hate. It governs the poor bitch's life. She cannot let go of the fact I left her. I refuse to give into hating her; I despise her for using the kids to get at me. But I have seen what hate has done to her life. It is not pretty; I'm not immune to it, especially when she acts like this. But I don't dwell on it and let it rot me like she has let it rot her.

Love to all

Gyles

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi Gyles,

It seems that you have things as "under control" as you can have, being so far away and all. I agree with not rocking the boat until you feel forced to, for the girls' sake. It's a nice quality----and to be admired, considering the circumstances you are faced with right now.

You do have several options, but you have to live with whatever results arise, so you have to do what you think is best for your situation. We're here whenever you need to vent.

hugs,

Annie

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I went through a similar situation with my two kids. I had custody initially, then my ex wanted them. My daughter wouldn't leave but my son who had been worked on while on access visits relented. He was around 10 at the time. We tried counselling and the courts but I realised that the ones getting hurt were the kids.

It's a long story with the similar jw history but all I can say is hang in, be stable and consistant and let the children decide who they want to be with when they get a little older.( I realise that you are only after access, not custody)

My kids are know 23 and 20 and just to give you a little hope, my ex and I have got through our stuff and become good friends now she is away from the "cult". We even had xmas together as a family last year!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit