A question for JWs only please

by jaffacake 27 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

This always seems to be one of those questions I've asked before but which never quite gets answered by JWs.

Do you believe that JWs need a mediator beteen God and men? And if so, who is it?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm not a very good JW, but I think the answer is ...

Jesus?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

RitchieRich, im pretty sure thats the right answer, its one of the J's anyway.

Personally I dont think we need a mediator, but if we do then its gotta be little J, seeing as how moses is dead and the pope is german.

Sorry, im not a real witnoid anymore, but I was moved to reply anyway.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

RR

That would be correct prior to 1935, but I was asking about current Watchtower teaching, you want another guess?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

OH OH OH!! It's supposedly the GB- right? THey distibute the spiritual food to us ... right? Making them the mediators??

Am I right? Do I get a sticker?

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

I want to work for the CIA and charge the JWs with seditious acts against the government. Its a horrible religion. I hate it.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    Just as the ancient nation of Israel was in a covenant relationship with Jehovah God through the mediator Moses, so the nation of spiritual Israel, "the Israel of God," has a covenant relationship through a mediator. (Galatians 6:16) It is as the apostle Paul wrote to his Christian fellow worker: "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus." (1 Timothy 2:5) Was Moses the mediator between Jehovah God and mankind in general? No, he was the mediator between the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the nation of their fleshly descendants. Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members. This spiritual nation is like a little flock of Jehovah's sheeplike ones.—Romans 9:6; Revelation 7:4.
  • jaffacake
    jaffacake

The above watchtower quote explains for me who Jesus is the mediator for, and for whom Jehovah is mediator. I really would like to know who is your mediator and my mediator, according to JW teaching?

I need to know for my friend who is about to be baptised a JW this month.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

They have changed that since I was in, although I think it was coming on before I left.

Its just a power thing, shifting mediation responsibility from little J onto the 144 000. The logical conclusion has got to be that the 144 000 are the mediators between the also rans and Big J - but then weve got 2 mediators, like they have inserted themselves as middle management.

If the dubs wont tell you the answer, then there isnt one. Get your friend a copy of Crisis of Conscience as quickly as possible, while there is still time.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

THanks Katie, but he wont look at apostate lies. The following is from 1 April 1979 - was it an April fool?

Questions from Readers

• Is Jesus the "mediator" only for anointed Christians?

The term "mediator" occurs just six times in the Christian Greek Scriptures and Scripturally is always used regarding a formal covenant.

Moses was the "mediator" of the Law covenant made between God and the nation of Israel. (Gal. 3:19, 20) Christ, though, is the "mediator of a new covenant" between Jehovah and spiritual Israel, the "Israel of God" that will serve as kings and priests in heaven with Jesus. (Heb. 8:6; 9:15; 12:24; Gal. 6:16) At a time when God was selecting those to be taken into that new covenant, the apostle Paul wrote that Christ was the "one mediator between God and men." (1 Tim. 2:5) Reasonably Paul was here using the word "mediator" in the same way he did the other five times, which occurred before the writing of 1 Timothy 2:5, referring to those then being taken into the new covenant for which Christ is "mediator." So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit