being a baby dub in the 70's

by katiekitten 87 Replies latest jw experiences

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

In best "Red Dwarf" fashion: "I could go with Betty, but I'd be thinking of Wilma"

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish
    "I could go with Betty, but I'd be thinking of Wilma"

Oh jeezuz, this thread is killing me. Stop it! Bwaa haa haa.

ig.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ok I am too old to join in this nostalgia for 1970's kids programs.But I can relate to

missing Top of The Pops on Thursday night.

Oh No.! I spent a musically deprived youth because of that [ "why does Satan plot against us? "] BTW the remebrances are spot on about life in a British congregation. Happy days! ??

• chris1525
    chris1525
    I was praying no-one from school would see me with this bunch of misfits.

Hi Lou... As you well know I too suffered terrible embarassment. I had an awful camel coloured overcoat passed down to me from a slightly older brother, which had been passed down to him from his slightly older 'real' brother. It would have even looked old fashioned on my grandad.

I used to grimace wearing it as we walked to the kingdom hall during my dad's "we'll try get by without a car" phase.

Unfortunately I got spotted a few times by mates from school. I had to resort to the "I was going to a wedding" excuse when I was questioned about my smart appearance the following week. "What? carrying a brief case? And that's the 4th wedding you've been to this month!" was the usual response I got.

• Tez
    Tez

One of the best things I heard was of a child as he was being taken out of the hall to be spanked, he shouted at the top of his voice 'Merry Xmas everyone!!!!' Bet he could be on here somehow eh?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I almost made my dad laugh once by screaming "Don't smack me daddy, don't smack me... how many smacks daddy?".

I look back on it now and am kinda disturbed

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh my Goodness!!!

Kattiekitten. I laughed so very hard That is about the best post ever and I am afraid It will ruin my day if I read another. I had the same ordeal as a child. I was the kid who got beat the most. I just could not sit still. Then I was too curious. Not a loud curious, but curious none the less. I was such a back room abused JW kid. My mom just looked at me and I knew I was getting the snod beat out of me.

LT, I loved absolutely loved Benny Hill. Still do. I got in so much trouble when did have a tv for a bit for sneaking downstairs and watching it. Oh and Daisy Duke was a brunette. I also was kissed once by (gack) Boss Hog. He was at a car show my friends dad entered and while the men got to meet the playboy bunnies, us gals got that gross pig, Boss Hog. See?

Also

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

She was blonde enough for me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit