being a baby dub in the 70's

by katiekitten 87 Replies latest jw experiences

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Those were the days when Dr.Who scared the shyte out of you, and your sense of right and wrong was augmented by "Porridge", "Z-Cars" and "Crown Court"!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I used to get spanked a lot when I was a kid. Maybe thats why I like it so much now? Who knows.

Naughty girl! You need a spanking just for saying that!

Straight after the spank, my dad used to tell me to be quiet, then he used to say to if you dont stop crying im going to leave you here on your own.
    My dad did the same thing, only he would say: "If you don't stop crying I'll give you ANOTHER spanking!"
  • diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Youve got me thinking back now...

LT: I was banned from watching Tiswas but I used to sneak it on the TV when through illness we didnt go on F/S...cant believe you remembered the name of the flan flinger though.

Does anyone remember Star Fleet and Terrahawks which used to be on Saturday too (although it was the 80s I know); that and Captain Scarlet....hell we missed and sacrificed to some great TV to go knocking on doors peddling books didnt we...I feel robbed.

DB74

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Funny stuff!

There was Uncle Malcolm, he was a painter and used to do that sucking through their teeth thing that all tradesmen do just before they tell you "its going to cost you love, the leftweld sprockets got a sheared half strump".

ROFLMAO!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    On spanking, as it seems to be my favourite subject, my dad put me over his knee when I was 16!!!! for getting my hair cut like a boys. Jeeeezzzzusssss, one year younger than you sonny, and I was still getting the old jehovah slaps!

My last spanking was at 16 too. I said "hell" within earshot of my mother. The spanking didn't hurt. I haven't gotten one since, although mom does have quite a backhand! She loses control too easily and I maintain composure. I'll have my dignity if I have nothing else!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I love your style of writing:

and you could always see right up to her knickers at the Tuesday Group, cos her legs were too fat to close properly. They bred budgies.

Nice contrast. And managing the spanking average to prove spirituality - much like a baseball team.

• Netty
    Netty
    I was praying no-one from school would see me with this bunch of misfits.

Me too, me too!!

I used to get spanked a lot when I was a kid. Maybe thats why I like it so much now

You are way too funny!

Thank you so much for that wonderful post! Just what I needed today. You have an incredible writing style, so funny. Keep it coming.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Katiekitten, you crack me up

Are you real, or are you a figment of Alan Bennet's imagination??? Your post reads like one of his talking heads scripts.

ig. (of the Swap-Shop rising middle class in the 70s/early 80s)

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Ig how perceptive of you - I did an A level English Lit essay on Alan Bennetts Talking Heads. But it never stopped me studying my witchtower, honestly.

Now, dont you think the body of elders were a bit like the Monty Python Spanish Inquisition? They would pop up in threes where you were least expecting them, like down the back of the sofa when you were fishing for loose change.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

KK,

LOL! Yes, although I can't help but think the Python's Spanish Inquisition were somewhat better organised. I bet you'd have prefered their torture cushions to the beatings though.

ig.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit