American Dad - TV Show

by EvilForce 9 Replies latest social humour

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I love this show....anyone else? It's so hilarious..... It's by the same folks that do Family Guy.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I think tonight's episode was my favorite. The whole plotline was hilarious, and I can't believe they have Patrick Stewart on there...

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Riot... I loved the episode where he kidnaps Greenspan's dog and won't give it back until Greenspan raises the intrest rates to 20% in order to ruin his wife's realestate career so she will stop working and be a housewife again. *phew! run-on sentence...*

J

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I haven't seen tonight's show yet, but this series is growing on me. It's not as good as Family Guy, but it's worth watching.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I tried watching it a few times but could never get into it.

I wish they'd brought back Futurama instead. I'm sure Katie Segal could use the work.

• Preston
    Preston

The effeminate sapce alien is cool!

"Dimmer Switch!"

- Preston

• Stephen John Gault
    Stephen John Gault

EF - the next Human I Virus blog has also been blocked. What's going on?

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I like Family Guy but cannot get into American Dad.

I think I have trouble with the title character. I cannot identify with him at all, nor do I find him remotely like anyone I know. I know people like the characters on Family Guy, South Park, the Simpsons and for old political satire All In The Family.

I do not think American Dad is straight up satire like the other shows I have mentioned but an expression of liberal bias against America. South Park makes fun of all political nonsense from all sides. Equal skewering of all political ideologies makes South Park's political jokes funny.

American Dad seems to me to be just a bashing of American patriotism. I will give it another viewing to see if my first impressions are correct.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I've only seen the first episode, it reminded my of a lowbrow version of family guy.. . Should I give it another chance?

Edited for more clarity

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

American Dad isn't quite up to family guy, but it is still funny.

You know what is funny, I think Seth McFarland, the creator, really wantd to secretly to be a lounge singer. He does a lot of singing lately as Brian, American Dad...etc....pretty funny,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit