Last meeting I attended at the Kingdom Hall

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

I don't remember the exact "last" meeting that I attended, it was over 8 years ago. But I do know that it was always the same old boring talks, same info, given by the same old boring people....same old condescending attitudes, cliques....Parents trying to take notes, while their young children were fussing and squirming about in their seats, because it was way past their bedtimes.....old ones trying to keep from falling asleep, the teenagers biting their fingers in anticipation of the meeting finally coming to an end so they could screetch off in their hot cars to the local pubs....and carry on in a typical teenager fashion . Life is far too short...I..don't miss it one little bit!!!!! For years I hated going to meetings and would come up with an excuse to stay home almost every time.....Now, no excuses, and no meetings....gotta love it!!!

Delilah

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

i could only cry as i felt no "joy" after 27 yrs. and my gut stood up and said " get f$%k out of here!

• Honesty
    Honesty

It was the memorial and I rode with some of the 'friends' because I wasn't planning on attending but after some 'encouragement' said, "OK". I felt like a despicable apostate when I passed the wine and bread on without partaking.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I can't remember anything to outstanding from the last meeting I went to. I would have been feeling like I had for sometime. Depressed to be there and bored silly.

I was invited by some a family to go to the memorial with them last year. They invited me around for dinner before hand and wanted me to come in their car group so I wouldn't feel uncomfortable walking in by myself. (Which shows what really genuinally nice people they are. I think free from the borg they would be those special people you would always want in your life.) Back to the subject at hand... I went to dinner, dressed up etc. Came time to leave for the memorial and I couldn't do it. I just couldn't bring myself to go there and sit and feel like a massive hypocrite.

On a side note that same family never held it against me. They still occasionally call to say hello and tell me they miss me and still love me. There are some genuinly good people still trapped in the Borg...

• desbah
    desbah

i think it was in the early 90's, the last time i attended. it was memorial and at the end of the service, an elder got up the nerve to tell everybody in the congo. the only ppl to associate with are with other Dub's

right there i made up my mind....i don't want to spend my time in paradise with these

That's when i open my eyes and i never went back...now i enjoy life....instead of waiting for the world to end.

• Frog
    Frog

These are all great, thanks for sharing guys:) We all felt the same way didn't we, if only I'd have known that back then, so I didn't have to make myself feel guilt for being generally disinterested and apathetic to it all. The last meeting I went to when I was fading was a TMS, I made my exit during half-time, and never went back to that cong. I remember one night after that I got all ready, was going to be late, there's something about dragging your feet when you abhore the very idea of going. I got there, almost pulled up, but decided to keep on driving. 18months later I attempted to go back to meeting at a different cong in a different state. I realised after a few meetings that the same types of people go everywhere, just slightly different depressed looking faces. How good was the freedom afterwards, knowing that you never have to attend another meeting again and injest all that tripe, the best feeling is when you get over the guilt of feeling like you should be somewhere Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. No more guilt, just sheer relief and joy:)))...it's nice to remeniss about the eurphoria of coming out of the borg. froglett

• Cat-er-daynightfever
    Cat-er-daynightfever

I went to the memorial. I listened to the talk while my husband was making complaints about what things he found wrong in the speaker's discourse. I tried to get him to be quiet so as not to disturb the others. It's just rude to try and debate during the discourse at the front of the kingdom hall where everyone could hear you.

That put aside...before the meeting started I was basically back door telling some people off because I could talk to my husband, and no one else dare interrupt my little speech. I basically said that every single JW behaves as a hypocrite when they judge their brother so harshly. I know that the Christ would have been surprisingly kind to me despite my sins knowing my situation personally. Humans are too dogmatic. To them, it has to be one way or the other. I had had my fill of being left out and neglected socially due to being from a single parent family and having been molested. There was no way that I could neglect my own spiritual/mental/emotional needs and continue boxed in the non-marriageable category. When the thyroid goes, sometimes it shows a deeper problem with the pituitary not sending the proper signals to the female organs to shut down excessive desire. This coupled with years of neglect and criticism just threw me into a big tizzy. I had to break free from what was killing me. I didn't want to live in sin. So, I married a good non-witness with great quality. Anyway, the brothers did not make enough concessions realizing my situation. So, I basically told them that they had given me no other choice. I had to leave for the sake of my health. I couldn't go through anymore guiltfests where I go there and suffer constant crying spells because I felt that whatever forgiveness that I received from God was taken away if I could not show these people what they wanted to see. The brothers really do not take your disabilities that seriously if you don't look disabled and have some intelligence. They just expect the same out of you as they do the rest with no real concessions. What is more, they expected me to really handle it all on my own without any real assistance. Nope, I'm never going back.

The Memorial will absolutely be my last meeting. No shame, No regrets!

If anyone's out there from Tulsa and runs into my brother Jonathan from Valley Park Cong. tell him that you know that his sister thinks of him everyday.

Cat

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Halfway thru the meeting I felt like I was on the outside looking in. I got numb and wondered what the hell I was doing there.

that's how I felt during a beautiful Saturday in field service about 9 years ago. I asked myself "what in the hell am I doing here?" I slowed down and waited until the group got way ahead of me and then took off in my car!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

One of the last meetings I attended, I realized why the hall looked half empty, and yet most of the seats were filled: They were all white, and I had been raised in a mostly black congregation! Where were those smiling beautiful black faces???!!! And no one sang, either. Just "mumble mumble mumble" into their songbooks. What a boring congregation. I guess that accounts for all the sh*t-stirring I discovered.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

my last meeting was a thursday night where I was meant to give a talk & the last moment an elder told me he got a call saying I'd stumbled someone because I don't have a good standing before Jehovah (I had wanted to really get back into the swing of things and had launched myself into this religion again.....) I literally sobbed for an hour, during that time no one came and asked if I was okay - I got up, sobbed my way out of the hall & have never looked back. I cannot go there again! Never!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit