Last meeting I attended at the Kingdom Hall

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

They played the wrong song for about 30 seconds, and everone was trying to sing to the tune....lol

dum dums....

• JH
    JH

Also, the one next to me wasn't fast enough to follow in his bible, so he made believe he had the right page, and did as if he was reading the verse...

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

At my old hall, one brother used to cut the last song off when it was halfway through... So we could all sing acapella. I've never been much of a singer anyhow...

• JH
    JH

A sister with 2 young kids were crying throughout the meeting. The mother didnt follow the meeting because she had her hands full with the children, and the children seemed so miserable.

• JH
    JH

And I felt like leaving half way through the meeting cause i was fed up. The A/C wasn't working. I didn't do it, because there's always a brother seated way in the back next to the door, doing I don't know what... I guess they put him there so that no one thinks of leaving before the end. I always wondered why a brother sits back there...

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Last time I went to a meeting it was a Friday night meeting. (The elders decided to do Friday nites instead of Thursday night--so it would interfere with school things like football, etc)

Halfway thru the meeting I felt like I was on the outside looking in. I got numb and wondered what the hell I was doing there. It was like I could see myself in the young kids that were there. My daughter was with her dad (nonJW) that weekend. I had this jolt hit me--there was no way I was going to raise my baby like that.

I got up after the ministry school and headed for the parking lot. One of the elders came out right behind me. He said I looked upset. I told him "no, I can finally see things clearly." I left and met my other friends at the bar.My stepdad,MS, and an elder showed up at my door bright and early. My boyfriend (wordly-who had been a secret) answered the door in his shorts and refused to wake me up. Needless to say they were at my door 10 times that day. When they finally caught up to me they asked me if I had something to say for myself. I told them to "get the [edit] out of my life". Mom boohooed for days. I felt like a new person!

• luna2
    luna2

I sat in the overflow room. I chose it because it conveniently has it's own door (one assumes they put it in so DF'd folks could sit back there and swiftly exit at the end of the meeting). I couldn't concentrate on the public talk at all. I sat there in my own little world, tuning out the guilt fest coming from the platform. As soon as they started the song, I stood up and made my exit with several others who also couldn't force themselves to sit through another mindless Watchtower study.

I can remember the sense of relief that washed over me as I got in my car and pulled out of the parking lot for the last time. Aaaah, sweet freedom.

• chrissy
    chrissy

I only remember the last meeting I attempted to attend...

My faithful lil' sis was visiting me from out of state and eager to attend Sunday meeting at my new kh. Only I did not have a new kh. (I never went back after leaving the place I grew up) I found one in my neighborhood and agreed to take her... and for the first time, explained to someone I had not been to a meeting in over a year. Naturally, not knowing, she was shocked.

We pulled into the parking lot, got out of my car, and walked to towards the door. We were late as my body's physical reaction to the idea of going slowed us down a bit. Being late, we could hear the funeral dirges playing from outside the door. I think I literally had my hand on the door when I turned to her and said, "I can't..." I will never forget the look on her face, like..what are you, nuts?

She dumb-foundidly followed me as I ran back to my little vw and took off and she took turns crying and praying the entire way back to my house. I think she thought I was possessed or something. It was unforgettable.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    "get the [edit] out of my life".

YEAH YOU GO GIRL!!!!

I would of loved to see the priceless expression on their face!

Evanescence

• vitty
    vitty

It wasnt intented to be my last meeting, things just happened and we couldnt stomach going again. But I remember an elder saying you either shape up or ship out, my husband and I just looked at each other and we knew. We shiped out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit