What is the dumbest reason you where taken to the back room?

by skyman 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

For picking a piece of lint off the shoulder of my best friend (male). Was told it was inappropriate touching, and it was flirting. Apparently some elders' wives were pissed at me because I have bedroom eyes. *rolls bedroom eyes* Seems they felt their husbands were "distracted". So this is my problem? I wasn't interested in any of them. Can I help it if they weren't happy at home? Hee-hee!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I bought a winter coat from a second hand shop, and apparently it buttoned up the wrong way, so I was taken into the back room and told that I was wearing a mans garb and would be prevented from pioneering if I didnt remove the coat. The elder confessed he didnt know which way the buttons were supposed to go either but had looked it up specially so he could admonish me. What a guy!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

for naming our band ...always the way

for those of you who have ever been in a band you will know the difficulties of finding a name agreeable to all involved..and the three of us were no different..untill one day the bass player was looking for a pair of shoes and couldnt find any he liked until finally he saw the shoes he wanted and went into the shop to buy them but wouldnt you know it they didnt have them in his size..his reaction..always the way..the rest of us looked at each other..(yes we were all shopping with him--not so much metrosexual as pioneer day) and said -thats it -thats the band name...and our drummer-newly baptized-wanted a spiritual connection for everything..(wanted to call the first record 'extant manuscript'-omg) said yes it also has a biblical connection ..the way

so back to the back room...seemingly some sister had objected to the name..nothing to do with her boy not being in the band...saying it was blasphemous...we explained where it had come from and that was just about to be accepted when the drummer said yes but it also has a biblical connection

result = we changed the name to ...call it a day

and got a new drummer

drummers eh

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish
    drummers eh

Bwaa haa haa! I suspect there speaks the voice of bitter experience.

ig.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

What do you call someone who hangs around with Musicians??

A Drummer. Arf arf.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Elder: You said bro & sis ________ are bad parents.

Me: You know they are bad parents, and so does everybody in the hall know. As a matter of fact when they moved in this cong, ... the last elder body was glad they were no longer there.

Elder: Yes, ... we know but, .. YOU, .. said it.

Me: So I said it, so what.

Elder: We want you to stop saying it.

Me: Why?

Elder: Its not right, and if you don't, .... ... ... ... ... Threat, Threat, Threat.

Me: You draged me back here for this kind of, ... ... ... ( see, ... this is how I made waves )

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

at 13 or 14 showing another dub girlfriend a dance step. the elders claimed it to be some fertility dance. huh??????

at 16 for returning a letter to one of the prominent female dub's son who had joined the army and had second thoughts and wanted to know which bros i thought might be willing to write a letter and help him get out of his commitment. i got in trouble for naming one i thought may not help. obviously 'somehow' the word got around and i caught sh#t for it.

at 18 because the jw i was dating left a clay pipe in the back of my car which i was unaware of. turned in by my closest friend. my dad, po at the time, called in mr jaracz and the local co to set me straight. they managed to bring me to my knees and say that marijuana is from satan, when really, i had never given it much thought. talk about verbal abuse and breaking one's spirit!

at 25 to find that my husband had admitted to adultry, but i had sex with him after the fact and therefore negated any right to a recognized divorce.

at 27, although it was in the back of my van with only one elder who came to ask if i would consider going back to meetings and service. i said no. he then proceeded his sad attempt at seducing me. didn't work.

end of contact.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

For sitting in a cafeteria at work while Christmas music was playing.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Because my breasts were distracting one of the elders. He had already cheated on his wife with a young pioneer sister some years before so I guess they were scared it might happen again. Of course it was all my fault. Damn my D cup breasts!!!

• love11
    love11

For wearing a black backless jumper suit.

Hey, it was the 80's!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit