Notice what the society Admits

by skyman 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• skyman
    skyman

Insight On the Scriptures Vol 1 pages 345, paragraph 6 “At Deuteronomy 14:21 allowances was made for selling to an alien resident or a foreigner an animal that had died of itself or that had been torn by a beast. Thus a distinction was made between the blood of such animals and that of animals that a person slaughtered for food. {Compare Le 17:14-16} The Israelites, as well as alien residents who took up true worship and came under the Law covenant, were obligated to live up to the lofty requirements of that Law. People of all nations were bound by the requirement at Gen 9:3,4 but those under the Law were held by God to a higher standard in adhering to that requirement than were foreigners and alien residents who had not became worshipers of Jehovah.”

Notice those under the Law were held by God to a higher standard regards blood. I would like to ask a question here. Could an alien resident break other Laws, stealing, dealing treacherously with his fellow man and get away with it? No, because he was under the legal Laws of Israel, not the Mosaic Law given to the Israelites. The Society clearly states that most of us are only observers that take a hold of the skirt of the JEW. So with their own word they admit that we are not Anointed Isrealites under the lofty law on blood up we are the the foreigners who had to eat the blood filled meat.

I got in trouble for sharing the Insight book with others. I was told I was cuasing divisions by sharing with the congregation what it said.

• blondie
    blondie

Some comments from ajwrb.org on deuteronomy 14:21

http://www.ajwrb.org/bible/qfr83.shtml

• skyman
    skyman

Thanks blondie.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

interesting indeed

• garybuss
    garybuss

A careful reading of the blood texts and then equal application of principle shows only the anointed are under the Jewish dietary (blood) laws. The Witness people are not in the "new covenant", do not reap the benefits, nor are they under the no blood commands. The Governing Body applies the command to preach only to the anointed but apply the Jewish dietary laws to those not anointed.

What a mixed up mess they have!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The blood issue is simply one of the qualifications for membership and a key brand differentiation for marketing purposes. No use trying to debate it with any of them.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I'm quite surprised by this Insight book quotation. Not only is this objectively a very lame explanation as the case of an unbled dead animal would fall under the so-called Noachide prohibition just as well (at least from the extant text of Genesis 9:4, no flesh with its blood), but it is the worst possible explanation from a WT standpoint since the prohibition of blood for Gentiles in Acts 15 is specifically justified on the basis of the so-called Noachide laws in Genesis 9. One more WT's shooting in its own foot.

• skyman
    skyman

I was threatened with judicial if I did not quit sharing this information with others. WOW thank of that I could of been DF'd for sharing Society Information. You never know when you could get it.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The verse was discussed recently: Re: Question from Reader July 1 2005.

read the next comments as well.

• skyman
    skyman

That was my topic thanks for referring back to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit