Gave Blood today at work!

by qwerty 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I've had sex with at least one man since 1978, therefore am not allowed to give blood.

• Chia
    Chia

I can't give blood. I don't weigh enough. I reviewed the requirements on the Red Cross site, and that's how I found out.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Blondie I thought it was every 6 months? Q

• blondie
    blondie

How often can blood be donated?

People in good health who weigh at least 110 pounds can donate a unit of blood as often as every eight weeks. Some states may further limit the number and/or frequency of donations in a 12-month period.

. http://www.aabb.org/All_About_Blood/Donating_Blood/donate.htm

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I've been giving blood several times a year since I've become a nurse. I always love getting the "I gave blood" t-shirts! I think it would be appropriate wear for an assembly, don't you???

shelley

• greendawn
    greendawn

So there we are people are gladly giving some blood without any harm to themselves so why did the JWs kick up such a fuss about accepting blood as being something evil as if people were getting killed or tortured in giving blood. Idiots!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Qwerty--no I did not feel ill after I gave blood. But I was very cautious because I tend to be sensitive to everything that affects my health. I had them elevate my feet while I gave blood, and they let me drink soda while I was giving blood, and I made sure I ate a good meal a couple hours before. I felt perfectly fine afterwards. I don't like needles, but I figure I might need blood someday so why not donate to other people.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Love2bworldly

"no I did not feel ill after I gave blood.................................... I had them elevate my feet while I gave blood, and they let me drink soda while I was giving blood, and I made sure I ate a good meal a couple hours before.

Thanks I will bare that in mind for ext time. I will do though - even if I feel ill again! Qwerty

• fifi
    fifi

Well done, qwerty. It's something I've always wanted to do as I have quite a rare blood group, but my long term illness makes it impossible ... plus the fact that I lived in Britain. Mad cows, you see.

Once again, well done.

Fifi

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Gave a pint many, many years ago. Hated the LARGE NEEDLE they used. Haven't given since but due to recent events have thought about it more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit