Gave Blood today at work!

by qwerty 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• qwerty
    qwerty

I nearly passed out after too! It's the only second time I've nearl fainted in my life. It wasn't the needles it was after. It is worth it though and will do it again. Anyone else given blood? Qwerty

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Well done Qwerty, was it your first time? It's something I've never thought about because of my ''upbringing''

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yes, I gave blood a few months ago. It was a cool experience! I liked doing something that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt would help another human being -- not after Armageddon, but NOW. It made me feel like a part of the human race, finally.

Besides, they gave out cookies.

Nina

• qwerty
    qwerty

MidwichCuckoo

< thanks.

Yup it was my first time. Blood pressure dropped and I went white as a blind mans bottom! I felt "back in the room" after about 10minutes or so. Still feel a bit odd now, but I will get over it.

Gunna do it again in 6 months.

Qwerty

• qwerty
    qwerty

Cruzanheart >>>>> Ultimate giving without receiving (apart from your life), isn't it? Well apart from Cookies that is! I got a choci bar Qwerty

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I did it in March, and it made me feel good! I tried to do it in May but my iron was too low. Oh well, I figure I'll try to do it about once a year. Guess I'll have to take a lot of iron the week before.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Love2b Did you feel ill after? Might be the reason why I was, lack of iron! Qwerty

• carla
    carla

I have to go next week. Somone has to give blood to make up for all the jw's who use up the supply not taking blood. carla

• qwerty
    qwerty

Carla Good one! Just what I said to the nurse, well almost. I said I used to be a JW and decided I need to give some back after preaching against it for more than 1 and half decades! Qwerty

• blondie
    blondie

I have a blood type that is always in short supply. Tomorrow will be my 5th time; can only do it every 8 weeks. I hate needles but it's not bad. The nurses know what they're doing. I figure if I have changed my thinking to accept blood, it only seems fair to give blood (unless there are some health constraints). Takes about 45 minutes from the time I come in until wait after (don't want to faint you know) with cookies and beverage.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit