Does anyone have the Awake! January 1 1989? - 20th Century Quote

by jwfacts 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cappytan
    cappytan
    _Morpheus: I appoligize, i have no idea why the year of 1969 is stuck in my head for this as opossed to 1989....

I think this is why you were thinking of 1969.

Awake! Magazine, 1969 May 22 p.15
    "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

• TD
    TD
    Like Magnum, I have only one, but could photocopy the page you want.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

By all means, scans of magazines are great.

But video of a physical magazine or bound volume being opened and then showing the passage has more effect, in my opinion. 

It's easy to photoshop scans of magazines. Not so easy at all to alter a video of a physical copy.

• millie210
    millie210

I see above that Magnum has it..

If for any reason that doesnt work out - I have it also.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    You know what cappy, thats exacly where im getting confused!  Thank you...  Lol So much bulls*** over so long a period
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

jwfacts:

Check your email!

Atlantis!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Marked

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

One of my favorites!  I brought this up in my very first post.  Y-not pasted a scan of the actual Watchtower.  Here it is:

• cappytan
    cappytan

I know it's not the subject of this thread, but I also actually have access to the 1969 bound volume that contains the article on not growing old in this system of things. It belongs to my dad. Read that passage myself a few weekends ago.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey drewcowl, that scan makes me laugh!

The owner of the mag was evidently trying to appear very "spiritual" ...Nearly every line was underlined!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit