JWs not shunning you after you left the org?

by greendawn 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• acadian
    acadian

I beat them to the punch and shunned them first.

Acadian

• Soledad
    Soledad

my mother doesn't shun me at all, but sometimes in the past she flip flopped (like after a "local needs talk.") I stay at her home frequently. My dad is an opposer so I guess that helps if my mom ever decided to flip flop again. I can tell her "I'm not here visiting you I'm visiting dad. Dad you don't want me to leave do you?"

I only have 2 other relatives who are active JWs; an aunt and a cousin. My aunt used to be very wealthy, but in the past couple of years bad investments and the economic crisis in her country made her lose almost everything.

My aunt doesn't want to shun me but my cousin talked her into it a couple of years ago when I was planning a trip to visit her. Last year my cousin stayed with my mom for about 2 months and she was out of work and deep in debt. Not only did I lend her money but I also offered her my place to stay--this was while I was living in NYC--and she gladly accepted.

I also networked with people I knew so she could work, but she doesn't really know how to do anything, she never had a "real job" so to speak. The woman is 40 years old. Also, she was not legally allowed to work here in the US so I could only find her positions as a nanny or housekeeper. She didn't want those jobs. Basically she just sponged off my mom. She now lives in Spain with her husband, a JW she met over the internet. He is a real loser. This is his 3rd marriage and prior to the wedding one of his ex-wives announced she was pregnant with this baby. Last I heard he was in court battling with his ex and challenging the paternity of that child. He is also pretty sick with a bad stomach ulcer. Oh, and my cousin? A) She never sent me wedding pictures or even gave me any kind of thanks for all the help I gave her (like buying her wedding dress!) and B) She is in her hubby's line of work: window washing! Stay tuned for the next episode........

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

TRUE STORY........MY MOTHER TOLD ME SHE WAS GOING TO TOTALLY SHUN ME AND NEVER TALK TO ME AGAIN, UNLESS I GOT 'OUT' OF THE WITNESSES!

WHAT COULD I DO? I HAD TO LEAVE!

OUTASERVICE

• luna2
    luna2

I had a friend who didn't follow disfellowshipping rules with her daughter...she'd go on cruises with her and things...but she was very, very careful who knew. Guess I either seemed less judgmental because I was hardly an uber-witness or she could tell I wasn't into tattling to the elders.

It seemed like every time I had dealings someone who'd been DF'd in public, it was in regards to business, so I could hardly not talk to them. I hated having to ignore people at the KH. I figured I was just weak, weak, weak.

• desbah
    desbah

being raised a dub until i left home at my 18th birthday...i was never DF or DA i never joined this mind controling religion...but i found out that life is way too short for shunning ppl...and i don't like it.

i went to a church of christ recently and the minister forgave a member of the church in front of the whole church members...all what was said that this person was very sorry and wanted our forgiveness and afterwards all the ppl in the church hugged that person and gave that person real christian love and encouragement.

i have not witness this type of christian love with the dubs when a person makes a mistake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit