Do JWs ever use their donations/WT profits to help the less-fortunate?

by sonnyboy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

This topic gets my blood boiling! My 63 yr. old mother lives in a run down mobile home. Would never consider letting us help her find something better, cause, of course- the big "A" would be here soon. There are holes in places. Barely is able to make enough to survive, etc. Of course, she defends them at every turn. Her health isn't good. But do you think anyone in the Columbia, MO congregation would raise a finger to help in any way?? NNNNOOOOO!

Okay, now I"m in a mood--and it's not good. Now I'm ready to let someone have it!! Too bad KH's don't have their own email!! Too bad I live so far away.....I'd enjoy a good meeting with an elder right amout now!

OK- I'll shut up-- FOR NOW! Don't see it lasting very long!!!

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    They say oh if we were a charity everyone would become JWs for the hand outs but what about those who did prove loyal and industrious to the org, like your relative she deserves some recognition, peace, and security in her old age whether the big A is near or not.

Exactly greendawn!

Luv2b - I am with you. I feel good helping people whenever I can. Even if it's just a few cents. When I was trapped in dubdumb we had some really hard times and it's not like the so-called 'friends' didn't notice. Hell, a lot of them thought it was funny. That taught me compassion, even though I have always been a compassionate person.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

(editing self) Lack of compassion from the dubs helped me learn that true compassion is demonstrated by actions when comforting words alone are not enough to help the situation. Sure paradise earth sounds great. But you can't sleep in it (right now) or put it in the oven to feed your hunger. People need REAL HELP and the WTBTS just keeps on offering the same BS all the while patting themselves on the back for being so loving in sharing the f'ing good news ... that's all I can stand. I gotta go.

• greendawn
    greendawn

And the point is that the big A is not coming soon and they know it. We also know that the WTS will never survive it should it come, because it is a criminal org that ruined many lives and families with false pretenses.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

crazyblondeb--just remember that a lot of older people are very stubborn and refuse help from family. My dad is almost 87 and lives with my stepmom who is around the same age. My stepmom appreciates any help from me and my family, whereas my dad will complain if we help him with stuff. We help them anyway, and I think he is getting more used to it because he doesn't complain as much as he used to. But he is pretty stubborn--we had to call the DMV to take away his license for his own safety because his car is all scratched up and we also did not want him to kill someone.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I'm with you guys who like helping people. Every time I go to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore I give away at least $10 to the homeless (I would give more but things are expensive at the IH and I'm not rich).

When I was younger I went to DC with an elder and a few family members. We passed an older homeless man who apparently had mental problems, and he asked the elder for some change. He stopped, looked the man up and down, and said, "I think you'd better get a job," and then walked away. What did he think, that the man would rather live outside in filth and eat garbage than get a job? I highly doubt it.

The JWs need to get off their high horse.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I was in field service once with an elder, and we saw a homeless person begging for change outside of a supermarket. The elder said to me, "Doesn't it make you sick how some people live like animals?" I was just like, " Most homeless people are schizophrenic or clinically depressed, you know." He just pompously changed the topic when I called him on it. I never felt like a good person associating with JW's.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit