Do JWs ever use their donations/WT profits to help the less-fortunate?

by sonnyboy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I was a JW for a number of years as a kid, but I don't remember them doing anything to help the community.

Many churches in my area have soup kitchens, clothing/toy drives, and other services to help people in need. Do Jehovah's Witnesses ever use proceeds in this way, or are they all used to make more Watchtowers, books, and Kingdom Halls?

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

It is all used to further the publishing work. None of it goes to those in need.

Have you had a look at what DannyHazard has to say on some of his posts here or his website. I think he puts it the best.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

My mom fussed at me for buying a LIVESTRONG bracelet. SHe said god would cure cancer and that dollar was better off in the contribution box!

I still wear it though!

• carla
    carla

I have been looking for about two years for any kind of charitable work done by the wt. Husband claims they do but will not supply any info. Does anyone know if the United Way does in fact contribute to the wt? I wrote them (United Way), but no response as yet. carla

• glitter
    glitter

SHe said god would cure cancer and that dollar was better off in the contribution box!

God'll pull his finger out and end poverty too - hence the reaction I got as a child taking a Red Nose Day sponsor form to the bookstudy once.

• hubert
    hubert
    Does anyone know if the United Way does in fact contribute to the wt?

Why would the United Way want to ever donate to the W.T.? or did you write this a$$ backwards?

Hubert

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

if by "less fortunate" u mean "the society", then YES OF COURSE ALL THE TIME!!!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

If there is some large damage like a huricane they will make a big to do about helping others. Mostly only active jw's get the help in rebuilding etc.

Notice that this is a situation that has large press coverage and once again offers them the chance to blow their whistle and tell all who will listen "how caring and helpful they are".

It seems that if there is nothing in it for the wbts it will be ignored.

Outoftheorg

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Does anyone know if the United Way does in fact contribute to the wt? I wrote them (United Way), but no response as yet. carla

I asked a dub at desk ECH if he knew that a Santa Barbara, CA. UW website had the WTBTS listed as a contributor. He said, "No way. If the WTBTS is listed as contributor the WTBTS would get off the list because they don't contribute to 'worldly organisations.' So, in answer to your question, NO the WTBTS is a freaking CULT and all proceeds go to them and no one else.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

They arent really concerned about anything but their own agenda. It's very sad.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit