Organisational Re-adjustments

by LouBelle 11 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Right so I'm plowing through "crisis of Conscience" and have come across one of the ""most significant organisation re-adustments in the moden day history of JWs", where they speak about how the organisation will be run because of Knorrs' failing health and how extra men will be appointed. It got me thinking that surely they could have come up with more exciting changes & take overs. It seems that everything was made to seem that this was a huge & signifcant thing in the everyday lives of us normal plebs, when in fact it went un-noticed really. How much more fun it would have been if they had aliens crash into the headquarters & take Knorr hostage.....

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Are you trying to tell me the aliens didn't take him hostage? Oh my faith has been shattered

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    It seems that everything was made to seem that this was a huge & signifcant thing in the everyday lives of us normal plebs, when in fact it went un-noticed really.

You are SO right! There were a lot of changes and upsets that I never heard about in my 30 year bout with slavery. Unless it was printed in the litter-ature or studied, I never knew the stuff that went on. I've learned more HERE about the WTS than I learned when I was a JW!

Even the things we hear about today---the UN involvement, the donation arrangement cover-up, the wheeling and dealing with "worldly" companies and organizations, etc---these things make us furious when we find out the WTS did them, but the average Joe on the street couldn't care less because it never affected them.

Apparently these things would have been a big deal to US, therefore the WTS saw fit to play everything low-key or cover it up entirely.

Annie

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think when Knorr died they should have denied he ever lived. What the heck? They denied everything else that was wrong. They could have said there never was a Knorr and some over zealous brothers made him up and apostates made a taxidermist wax replica of Knorr and posed him for all the pictures.

There is an apostate who worked for the wax museum and he sculpted the Knorr "smirk" with a butterknife stolen from the Bethel kitchen. The speeches of Knorr's was really Alan Feuerbacher with a zucchini stuffed up his nose.

If they can deny the UN alliance and the 1975 predictions, they can sure as heck deny that Knorr ever lived.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

im still comin to terms with the fact the top 2 at the time-knorr and franz- objected to the procedure of having a body because it would limit their own power...i remember being in elders meetings where there would be fights and power struggles and actually stopping everyone and saying..do you think the governing body behave like this when they get together..

more fool me

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

The change was quite a big deal at Bethel though. Especially at the 1975 Gilead Graduation when Freedy went off about how he and Knorr didn't like the change in front of 2000 or more Bethelites, etc. Knorr and Freedy wanted the old school control, not a bunch of power-whiney other men that they would have to navigate.

http://www.freeminds.org/history/critical.htm

Randy

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• rebel8
    rebel8
    litter-ature

GOOD ONE!!! LOL

I am loving all the new words I'm learning on this forum

kingkong hall

kingdumb hall

hell

borg

dub

love-bombing

etc.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ya, they could have made it into a really cool little religion if they had some brains.

i read somewhere, forget where, that Dan Sydlik said that the WTS should "open some windows and let some fresh air in." or something like that. but i think when knorr got sick, his abuse had gone on for too long and as a result, like abuse victims, real change scared them. plus, franz was knorr's faithful side-kick, right?

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Rebel8--I'm with you--I love learning all these new terms like Kingdumb Hell.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

My favorite new term for all the over cheery happiness when a 'new one' joins the fold is "cultist love bonging'. ha ha

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit