How many days did you spend in the Hall?

by IP_SEC 19 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I just did some rough (haha) figuring to determine how many days I spent just sitting at the hall during meetings. I just rounded to the nearest year to be liberal in take into account missed meetings and the like. I know the number is higher but I dont feel like getting more exact.

This just counts regular meeting times, not before and after fellowship, not FS, Meeting prep, or assemblies.

I came up with 349 days. Isnt that sad??? I'm almost afraid to figure in fs, study, conventions, fellowship and the like...

Dammit.

• kls
    kls

IP, don't start thinking of wasted time ,now is the time to think of all time you will have to live your life .

• Sith
    Sith

I look at it this way. I spent too much time to be "worldly" normal, and not enough time to be "witness" normal. Either way, when I left, I wasn't normal

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

I just did the mathematics for my own life:

I rarely - (if ever..) missed a meeting my whole life. I always had a minimum of 10 hours field service a month. I also hit EVERY assembly!

Total hours: 20,240 at these meetings (not including travel to and from these meetings or study in preparation!)

This means 2.31 YEARS of my life were spent within the walls of this religion.

Excuse me... I would like to have a refund... I'm not satisfied. ..... GIVE ME MY 2 AND A HALF YEARS OF MY LIFE BACK!

Sheesh! what a lousy investment!

NOdenial

• JW83
    JW83

NOdenial - your avatar says it all!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I have the normal 5 hours weekly for meetings, the field service on weekends and in summer, the conventions,.etc. But boy did I put in OVERTIME with the elder's meetings. They logged some serious hours with me. Oh well, someone had to keep them jumping!!!

• Harpy
    Harpy

Let me See... Mom got baptized in 1974, I was 3 years old...I dont remember meetings before then, but could have been taken. I was dragged to every meeting mom went to which is almost all of them, except with one of us was sick, or mom could not find ride to meeting(she NEVER had a car). I mindlessly followed along until I was about 22 years old(went to local college... THE HORROR ).... I kind of fell away, ok, i was starting to wake up and see how hateful the Wits were. This does not include ANY field service hours (I HATED IT)..NOR my Weekly bible study (HATED THAT TOO, AND SISTERS THAT STUDIED WITH ME) And I have no idea how many times I went to hall AFTER I started to HATE THEM....Mother always talked me into going with her...To shut her up...

So, My JW report:

DAYS: 3588 DAYS
    5 MEETINGS AT 3 DAYS A WEEK
    52 WEEKS A YEAR
    23 YEARS OF BEING TAKEN TO MEETINGS. FROM AGE 4 TO 26

TO MAKE THIS EVEN WORSE, IN HOURS:

HOURS: 8372 HOURS OF MY LIFE
    7 HOURS WEEK, 5 FOR MEETINGS, 2 PER WEEK BEFORE & AFTER MEETING
    52 WEEKS A YEAR

CHeers,

Harpy

• talesin
    talesin

195 days in meeting time. But hell, I was a 24/7 witless. We had text at breakfast, bible readig every day, evening service, blah, blah, blah... all in all, it was 18 years of hard labour.

tal

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I don't even really like to think about it. Way to many man.

GBL

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Yes but think how many days you saved by quitting when you did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit