How many days did you spend in the Hall?

by IP_SEC 19 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I see that you're already beginninig to put all that time, you're redeeming, to good use!

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Days? 0 Hours? 0 Minutes? 0 seconds? 0 split seconds? 0

I never set foot in a kingdom hall! may I ask how do jw's welcome catholics?

I was thinking of just walking in one day and say "Hi I am a Roman Catholic! how are you this blessed morning?"

Will I get shunned, eaten alive by all the jw's tied to a chair and get forcefully converted or just get a nice welcome and a polite smile?

Evanescence

• proplog2
    proplog2

There is a rule of thumb that says it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert at something.

So I figured out at the age of 55 (being raised a witness) that I spent over 30,000 hours studying, attending meetings, going to assemblies, pioneering, cleaning the hall etc.

I guess I should also count the time I've spent on these forums straightening out my thinking.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Okay, here we go;

27.83 years at;

52 weeks a year of 8 hours meetings/travel/association and 2 hours study/week
    2 weeks a year of CA's at 16 hours/week
    1 week a year of DA's at 35 hours/week

And then 20 years of FS at 10 hours a week

Assume 90% attendence...

That is 16,865.589 hours, or 702.6 days, or 1.92 years

I want my time back...

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

This is really depressing. My rough calculation is about 900 days.

I'm going to go and eat some cake i deserve alfter i thought of this.

wanna

• JH
    JH

I didn't count the number of days.....In my case it's not that much. I wasn't "IN" too long.

What I look at is the number of hours a week it takes to prepare the meetings, travel to the kh, go out in the service, and the meetings. It's WAY too much.

The interest I have in the bible is "ruined" by all those meetings that are imposed upon us...

• tata
    tata

OH!!! I hate this subject because I'm still losing my time in there. Sorry I should say, I spend my time learning, I do not know what.

• Soledad
    Soledad

my mother took me to the hall since birth, but only on Sundays until I was 6 years old. Assuming an 80% attendance, that alone would be 249 Sundays

Then my mother made friends with a sister who worked near our home. My mother started working evenings, so she wanted this sister to take me to the Tuesday night meetings and to the book study in her congregation. That continued for approximately 1 year. Based on 80% attendance, an additional 125 days between the ages of 6 and 7. Ages 7 thru 10 we were back to Sunday attendance only, so another 125 Sundays.

We moved out of the country when I was 10. We attended all meetings in our foreign land. I was there for almost 2 years, and figure in a 98% attendance. Sundays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays: total 306 days. We came back from that country back to the US and continued the attend all meetings trend. 8 years @ 98% attendance: 1224 days.

Grand total: 2,029 days just attending stupid meetings!

Let's not forget Circuit conventions, District Conventions, Special Day conventions, Memorials. You all do the math, I'm fed up already........

• minimus
    minimus

Typically, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and perhaps another night for elder stuff.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

right so I was in the borg for lets say 23 years, went to most meetings, bookstudies, conventions, unersigned territory, and fieldies........ sooooo Somebody work the math out - Sooo much time spent there, so much that we've all given up, soooo much we've missed out on. SO SO SAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit