Whats the spookiest thing that has happened to you?

by diamondblue1974 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I have had a few experiences which some could be dealt with rationally although even to this day the coincidences seem too convenient;

Mine was on New Years Day in 1994; I didnt celebrate New Years at the same although i was about to start my fade that year; I was ill on New Years Eve anyway and I had been sleeping when I awoke at precisely 12.13. I couldnt get back to sleep but there was no obvious reason why.

My Grandmother was in hospital but she was getting better when I had last spoken to her; I managed to back off to sleep but woke that following morning for some reason really concerned about my gran; just as I was coming downstairs the phone rang and my girlfriend answered it. I said to her before she got to the phone that it would be my mother with bad news about my Gran; I was right on both counts; it was my mum and my Gran had died.....at 12.13 precisely.

SPOOKY!!....does anyone have a possible explanation for this; has anyone had any experiences which cant be explained, similar or otherwise?

DB74

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I remember one night talking with some friends till late about ghost etc.. as my mate and I cycled home the street lights started to go out as we cycled past them. At first we were laughing about it but when the fifth one went out we got a bit freaked and headed for home as fast as our little legs could go. :)

• prophecor
    prophecor

Suffering from a drug induced nervous breakdown after a circuit assembly in 1977. I had been struggling with how I was never going to make it in the truth as a newbie wanna be JW. I was the only one in my immediate family who wanted to be a Jehovah's Witness, After smoking weed after coming home from the assembly, one Saturday evening, I'd litterally lost my mind. Thought I was being attacked by the demons. Thought I'd gone back in time 5 years. I was crazy for an entire week before I received any help ( The Blue Pill ). Haloperidol or Haldol for short. Parents tried to get me help from the neighborhood mental health portion of the hospital. That was the most profound time in my entire life. I was never the same after crossing the border between normalcy and insanity. I, after all these years, am the better for it, I, however have never been the same since. The things that can come into the mind as a result of a NBD are absolutely astonishing. I found some of the ghost of my heredity as my father's side of the family is peppered with mental illness and emotional disorders.

• zeroday
    zeroday

In the early 60's my family would load up the stationwagon and head from california to alabama and georgia to visit relatives. We would often stop at some small town and have a picnic in the local park. One day in some small southern town we were having lunch and I had to go to the bathroom. I wasn't more than 5 or 6 at the time. There was a small bathroom in the center of the park. Heading over there I saw a police man and a paddy wagon. The officer was standing with his back to the door. Being so small I just walked in behind him. He didn't even see me. I soon found out why he was there. Standing at the urinal was a prisoner. The hardest looking man I have ever seen. He had black and white stripe prison uniform on and had a ball and chain attached to his leg. I stood there in total shock and froze. He looked at me and said, "It's ok, come on in." I bolted out of there as fast as I could, the police officer still didn't see me. It was some 30 years before I ever told my mother about this.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I guess it's a spooky story...

About 5 yrs ago I smoked a large amount of a drug called DMT. Went into a matrix world and on past my own death. Yeah that's as spooky as I want it!

Managed to survive mentally(I think ha ha) but it took years to clear the last vestiges out of my system.

Actually, it helped me clear a lot of my jw paranoia but I reckon there may be gentler ways!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I definately think there are circumstances such as described above.

My grandmother twice went on vacation, and knew that something had happened to her son, 400 miles away. Both times, he was seriously injured at the moment she thought about it. Both times she made my grandfather go back.

Once my uncle almost died in a motorcycle wreck, and the other time a furnace blew up on him.

She didn't know what exactly happened, other than her son was seriously injured.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

There have been several instances when I knew something that was going to happen before it did.knew when a hot water heated blew up on my dad. I knew my daughter was pregnant. There have been several things that have happened. But my grandma was the same way.

shelley

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

You guys are giving me goose bumps!..Stop!

Snoozy..who has had MANY frightning experiences since she has been around so many years..but they aren't from spirits..

Twice I have had a gun pointed to my head.

Once when hubby and I were driving in the city and he was getting in an off ramp. A big rig pulled next to our truck on my side and pointed a shotgun at my head!..To this day I have no idea why..hubby swears he didn't cut anyone off!..I told him to Get the Hello out of here! He didn't know why until we got past the truck!

The other time the kids and I were swimming at a river by the dam. My girlfriend and her daughter were with us. Well I was walking along the shoreline..looking for rocks and watching the kids..two guys started asking me my name etc..I guess they were hitting on me ..anyway I just turned around and walked back by the car to get our lunch we packed out of the trunk.They had gotten in their truck and beat it to where I had parked...pulled up next to me and pointed a gun at me and called me a stuck up B*tch!...I may have wet my pants!..

I told everyone to pack up after that and never went there again..

Snoozy..who guesses she is lucky to be alive today..

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

I shouldn't have read this thread right before bed!

Nothing really spooky, but definitely scary. When I was in the 5th grade, I was at a friend's house. Some guy was behind us as we walked around her apartment complex. We were just wandering around, so we weren't on a set path or anything. We started to think he was following us, so we walked faster...so did he. We started running, and he did too. Then, he started yelling at us to stop for a minute saying he needed to tell us something. My friend started to turn around, and I pulled her and told her we needed to go back to her house NOW. Once we got near her apartment, he turned around and walked the other way.

Later that day, the police arrested him for exposing himself to some other girls and trying to get one of them in his car. I have never told my mom what happened because I was rarely allowed to go to anyone "wordly"'s house, and I was afraid she wouldn't let me go anywhere at all anymore.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Went to work Sunday-Monday 12am-8pm shift at a Mental Health group home. Did bed check about 10 past midnite. Buddy rose up from the bed and asked the question from outta' nowhere. " So Art, what happens to us when we die? " Of course I go to answer him from my Jehovah's Witness perspective about the resurection, and how we were never really meant to die.

Larry, also a client at the house, passed me during my travels about three o'clock in the morning, while I was on the thrid floor cleaning. He never was one to innitiate speaking to, I always had to speak to him first. This was not one of those times as he had spoken to me first. I didn't think much of it.

Later on, about 5 or so in the morning, there was a rush of energy that passed thru me and I needed to write this flowing poetry that was moving thru me. It wouldn't have affected me some much except for the fact that it just flowed out of me without effort. The writing was very dark and apocalyptic. It however was not forced, as I've found a lot of my writing to be.

I'm going to track down the book that I've shared with a friend so as to have a record of it.

During the waking of the clients, I strangely noticed Larry, seemingly sleeping so peacefully on his pillow. Strange, however was the fact that Larry wasn't snoring as he usually does. I tapped him on the shoulder once to wake him up,...theres something strange in the touching of a dead body, I immediately began to try to deny what was evidently happening, Larry, who was often clowned on by staff members and clients alike because of his aloofness, his having recently been released from prison, his spacey personality, and the fact that he often snored, had died that morning.

My supervisor and I both panicked and did not handle the situation well. We were required to administer CPR, at the very least, that was not done. I believe at the time he was seemingly dying, peacefully in his sleep, was the exact same time that this rush of energy and poetry, was being written by me. Buddy's asking of me that fateful morning what happens to us when we die, having Larry die that same morning and the writing of the poetry, really spooked me out for a long time. I took almost 2 weeks off from work, just to recover from that situation. I was devastated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit