Jw wedding talk giving questionable advice as usual

by hoser 18 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser
    I met a couple there that I haven't seen in many years. They really look wore out. The jw treadmill has kept them busy all of these years 
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Glad we're off the treadmill!!! Yippie!!!!
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The couple had both heard the talk before as they were both married in Kingdom Halls before.

This is his second time and her third.

• hoser
    hoser
    You're absolutely correct outlaw.  Jw marriages are set up to fail. Then when they do fail it is because you weren't doing enough service/ personal study/submission etc etc etc
  • Honesty
    Honesty

It blew my mind when I started attending one of satan's churches and learned that the majority of its members had been married one time, some for more than 50 years and most of the others who had been married twice had lost a spouse in death.

I only know 3 couples who had remarried after divorce and they weren't Christians when it happened.

I believe that most JW's are ill-equipped to be good marriage mates due to what they learn about marriage from magazines, books and kingdom hall meetings.

• hoser
    hoser

I believe that most JW's are ill-equipped to be good marriage mates due to what they learn about marriage from magazines, books and kingdom hall meetings.

It doesn't help that some of the books on marriage have been written by bethelites  who have either never been married or if they are married have never had to make it work in the real world. 
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    At my cousins wedding the celebrant said that she was to be like a "chair", there to support her husband. 
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

So between them they have 15 cords....... Wow, strong.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "To lose one spouse is perhaps understandable in today's busy world, to lose two, is careless but to lose three or more spouses suggests a level of absent-mindedness that borders on pathological. "

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, but three times is enemy action", huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit