COs and DOs Stuck in the Fulltime Work Because they Have No Retirement!

by frankiespeakin 25 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

How many do you think there are? I'm talking over 55 years of age that know the GB are frauds, but because they have no retirement benifits worth anything feel forced to hold on to this position. Man that has to be the worst drag ever. Remember to copy all secret corospondance to further expose the GB in thier under handed vicious treatment of its member they may come in very handy in the hands of prosecuting attorneys.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Co's have told me that unless they worked in the real world before becoming

CO's or DO's they are not eligible for any Social Security Bennies

and the Society does not give them anything! Stupid suckers!

They gotta work till they drop!

Another plan is to put aside all the "donations" in envelopes that are passed to them after the visit's meeting!

• JT
    JT

due to the VOW OF POVERTY taken by those in SPECIAL FULL TIME SERVICE

co do bethelites and special pioneers

they do not have any SS being put into thier account

the rules changed while i was at bethel in the 80's about 7 yrs ago i got a print out from the SS admin and for the years i served at bethel it showed NO DEDUCTION A being put into my account

for CO who don't save the money they get from the friends, once they come off the road, many of them are up creek with no paddle

they end up having to rely on others for help, an apt on the back of the hall and food, etc

my old roommate who works the service desk has told me point blank that a number of co suffer from depression due to them not being ablt to take care of thier wives, we all know that we live in a culture (good or bad) where a man is suppose to take care of his woman

so for many of them OFF THE ROAD they can't buy thier wife that new dress, but must depend on someone else to buy it for her

the dynamics that go into the life of being a former co can be hard

on the other hand if they saved thier money over the years, they should be ok, a number of co live in FL, one of my boys has 5 FORMER CO/DO in his hall

they rarely come to meetings, go in service, instead they go play golf and their wives voluneeter at soup kitchens and senoir citizens homes

as he told me THEY DON'T WANT TO HEAR NO TALK ABOUT attending meeting, service, etc, as he puts it THEY FEEL THEY HAVE RETIRED FROM SERVING GOD

of course he is still a dyed in the wool society man

but the bottom line is these guys feel they did their time, leave me alone

smile

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Good to see your post JT.

as he told me THEY DON'T WANT TO HEAR NO TALK ABOUT attending meeting, service, etc, as he puts it THEY FEEL THEY HAVE RETIRED FROM SERVING GOD

Can't really blame them can ya?

To bad all the years of heaping guilt, upon more guilt, on the 'brothers' in thier assigned circuits about doing more to serve, does not interupt thier sleep more!!!!

Danny

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I think DO'S AND CO's get what they deserve when they retire, they can feed on all the bs that they have been feeding the rank and file, they sure as helll don't deserve better. so they have no social security benefits, well if you don't pay in you don't deserve to get any, that's my feeling at least. They have helped to bind peoples minds and hearts so I have no feeling for their plight at all. They are getting what they deserve and their watchtower god, the society, is paying them what they pay everyone else, nothing.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Buffalo, you're right!

On the other hand the Watchtower should take over!

• Maverick
    Maverick

I knew a couple of corporate inspector generals, (CO's) and they lived for Mondays so they could play golf!

As they get older they start to make friends with some rich friends or relatives because they know when they outlive their usefulness to the WTS they are on their own.

• luna2
    luna2

I think that's sad. Of course, I kind of avoided getting to know any DO or CO's, so I have very little idea of what they may "deserve" or not.

I know there was one CO out here who had to be pretty close to retirement age. He and his wife seemed like lovely people and I hate to think of them dumped like so much trash after the WTS had used them up. I got the impression that they would be living with their children once they retired. I hope it worked out for them.

The CO and his wife that I couldn't stand were the type of people to sock away contributions and make connections so that they were well taken care of. They are totally in it for the power and prestige and, I am convinced, know how to work the system for the maximum advantage to themselves.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

There are 4 ex COs that live very close to me

Three of them have been provided living arragements, and a car by the local brothers. They are elderly (80s and 90s) but are doing fine, not starving.

The 4th... I dont really know his story, I dont think the local brothers take care of him but he is in his 80s too and isnt starving. I think they've got it figured out. I really dont think they are too worried about being put out to pasture.

But this could be an isolated case.

• jimbob
    jimbob

Hey JT...good to see you! I knew of a couple of CO's who left the Circuit work. One became a school bus driver and lived in a trailer park. That was Dallas Gwaltney. Some of you may know him. He was in my congo before we left the Botchtower.

The other CO I knew was Peter Michas. He could've had an incredible career as a singer, but chose the wonderful career of serving the WT.

Anyway, the last I heard was he was singing in a restaurant in the evenings for an italian restaurant in Seattle, but then the restaurant caught fire. So I don't know what he's doing now. But they are all definitely screwed if they leave the circuit work, cause they're old, uneducated, and have no work experience. So I'm sure that's why many stay in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit