Young JWs-living a lie

by Jez 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Twinkle
    Twinkle

Hi, I am a 21 year old "wordly" daughter of a Jehovah's Witness. I found Jez's post very comforting. My mom was baptized in 1992, and when I was younger I would attend meetings, conventions, and etc with her. I would always question the religion's practices and beliefs and as I got older informed my mom that I did not feel comfortable with the religion and stopped going. I have always felt that many JW kids would lead these double lives, because I would see them out of the KH acting like a completely different person, "worldly", as JW's would say. It made me feel disgusted knowing that kids could actually walk in the KH acting all innocent and then turn around and paricipate in "worldly" activities. I also know there are many JW kids who practice what they preach, which I find very admirable.

I'm glad my mom has never forced me to find "the truth", but I remember the meetings I attended when I was younger, and somehow feel my mom is somewhat disappointed with me and looks at me like I am a lost soul. I remember feeling so unwelcomed and out of place because I questioned JW's beliefs and was "worldly". I hated how JW's constantly called people outside their religion "wordly", and I felt as if a religion should welcome non believers and not shun them for being "worldly". Speaking of the devil (or Satan should I say?), my mom just called me and is upset over something that I was only trying to help out with. I can't help thinking she wouldn't have to deal with this if she had a daughter who was a JW.

Anyways, as I was saying Jez's post made me feel a lot better. I'm glad that people notice that JW kids can lead these double lives. In my opinion that makes them a lot worse of a person then the so called "wordly" kids that the religion picks on. And also there are a lot of "worldly" kids that are pretty good kids. I've been through my ups and downs, but I don't feel that just because I can't seem to find "the truth" I should be looked down upon by JW's and compared to some of their own that are hypocrites. I'm just glad other people acknowledge it and I don't feel so lonely.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Thanks Jez for this hope-filled post. This is, I believe, grand evidence that the Emporor's clothes (unity, peace, etc.) are about to be seen for the bare-naked "truth" they are supposed to be hiding.

I feel sorry for the kids that are pretending to be what and who they are not, but they may yet get to live free of that deviousness.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit