Young JWs-living a lie

by Jez 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jez
    Jez

For the past year, I have been observing the JW kids that I know. I am in a unique situation as I work at the local high school, therefore see many of them on a daily basis. Let me tell you, 80% of them are totally undistinguishable as JWs. This one boy is in the PE class I work in and he is in charge of the mikes at the KH. His mouth is one of the worst I hear. Every second word is f**k, pu**y, etc. He is cocky, arrogant and self centered. Other boys I see are dating 'worldly' girls, holding hands, kissing, driving loads of 'worldly' kids around in their cars (elders son). One day in Math class, this JW boy does the usual cheat cheat cheat, so I can't resist (he had just bragged to me that he just got baptized). I said, "Hay, STOP cheating, I thought that you were to set an example for the world to follow, I thought that you were morally superior to the 'world'." He acted SHOCKED that someone would actually confront this double life that he has. The girls are just as bad.

It is SO the accepted norm that they don't even know what they are doing. They walk into those KH doors and BANG, some magical transformation happens and they are worthy of everlasting life, the devil is out to get them, (because they are so worthy of the devils pursuit I guess and no other teen in the world is) so protect yourselves, they are shining examples of wonderfulness. WHATEVER! I am SICK of it! JWs think that if they say it enough, it will be true. Teach their hearts, teach them to love themselves, to be allowed to make mistakes, to experiment with life, to be FREE! It bugs me that the JW put down 'worldly' kids so much, and yet do not pick the rafter from their own eye first. There are many many amazing kids. Stop picking on the "worldlings" at your KHs.

On the one hand, I am happy that they are doing normal teenager things, but on the other hand, I want to scream into their smug little faces, "STOP the LIE and go LIVE" What kind of adults do these ppl become? No wonder depression, suicide, guilt, low self esteem etc festers and erupts in so many adults.

Jez

• Ellie
  • ivy
    ivy

Jez, I understand your frustration at the hypocracy, but I think they deserve a little more compassion.
    I was one of those jws living a double life in high school. I was a terrible teen. I went to parties, dated, snuck out of the house constantly, drank, smoked, drugs. And three or more times a week I went to the kh and pretended I was living according to standards that I couldn't possibly aspire to and didn't agree with.
    It is hard to be a teenager and that stuff just makes it harder. I wasn't encouraged to join any constructive activities, such as sports or clubs. It's no wonder that some jw kids end up worse then some of their worldly peers.
    I think that being able to "stop the lie and live" requires more maturity than the average teenager has.

• Jez
    Jez

You are right Ivy, and I do have compassion for these kids, I more feel sorry for them. My anger is not directed at them, more at the system that they are forced to buy into. Everything is set up to be so eeevil, baaad, of the world, and yet why can't they (JWs) open their eyes and see that their children are not acting terrified, rather they jump in and enjoy living there. My hope is that these kinds of teens will see that it is NOT as bad as they have been told, that on some level, they understand that the world is good, or at least tries to be.

Jez

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Jez..we can only hope that these kids get out soon. I wonder what kind of parents they have? I noticed before I left the JW's that many if not most rank and file families I knew were not much different than the middle class folks who surrounded them in the area. Bad behavior= poor parenting no matter what the faith is... but then calling a JW kid on bad behavior when "Mother" still claims to be the real deal must be kinda fun.

My senior son tells me the same thing about the JW kids he goes to school with.... most do what they need to get along... and most plan to shove the WTBTS when they are able to go their own way.

Back in the 60's and 70's you WERE different. We had to be..the END was near. We could use a Bible at the door... defend the beliefs etc. Yea we were odd but the support was there. JW's had a sense of community among themself's back then...plus the elders werent such hard asses. When I left things were dismal enough... I can't imagine what it would be like to be a youngster in that cult today.

~Hill

Jez, I'd be careful about making comments in a school that could in any way be construed as disparaging a person's religion (i.e., "I thought that you were to set an example for the world to follow, I thought that you were morally superior to the 'world'."). In today's litigious society, it could result in legal action that could be detrimental to your employment at the school. This is true even if you caught the student cheating or engaging in other conduct that violates school rules. Other than that, it's cool that you said what you said!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I knw at least 6 "brothers" 5 of them sons of elders - none of them are virgins and all drink very heavily and 2 admit cheating on their tax returns - they then go into the KH and handle microphones etc. I personally do not have a problem with it as I am l leading a double life as an apostate on this board and then going to the KH and doing microphones etc. In my case I do not have a "holier than thou attitude" and I am also not a spiritual snob. The point is that most of the numbers the society puts out are artificial as many at the halls are not really witneses - the society is hemoraging badlya nd the older ones are dying off. For them the saving thing is that they have Latin America and other places where there is little internet access

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

The more I learn about JW's here on the forum the more they (we) seem/seemed like everybody else.

I can remember 'church kids' in school doing the same as everyone else - Witness kids are probably no different today.

The 'troof' is a lie ... period. And the more they say about how 'pure' and 'clean' they are the more evidence piles up against them.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I feel sorry for the kids. They are so messed up and they don't even know it. When I was in high school a friend of mine got disfellowshipped for stealing a few cans of pop from a pop machine. Except for me all of the JW kids shunned him, and we were all up to the same or worse shit than he was.

I'll never forget that poor guy. Even today he's still disfellowshipped because of that incident and his family won't do anything with him around other dubs, and they associate with him VERY little. Because he stole few cans of pop when he was in high school. It makes me sick.

GBL

• Jez
    Jez

Hillbilly:

I wonder what kind of parents they have?

That is just it, some of their parents are really great people, but they seem to live in this smiley bubble where they are blinded to what is real.

144001: I am not worried at all about that. I happily took the risk, I said it quietly, and I did not mention 'religion'.

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit