Young JWs-living a lie

by Jez 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

"Other boys I see are dating 'worldly' girls, holding hands, kissing, driving loads of 'worldly' kids around in their cars (elders son)."

Sadly, this didn't describe me when I was in school. I was fearful of the thought of even attempting to have a relationship with a worldy girl. I even avoided making friends with anybody worldly, not because I thought it was wrong to have a girlfriend or regular friends, but I dreaded the thought of being discovered and exposed for lliving a double life. As a result, my days in high school were lonely and miserable. I had no friends, even though I had mere "associates" that I chatted with now and then.

Then there were the times when people at the hall commented on how "upright" I was for not living a double life. The only reason I didn't have a double life was because I didn't have a life to begin with. Outwardly I was the perfect witness, but inside I was lonely, cynical, faithless, and despondent.

• sting
    sting

It has been so good to read all this. When I drive to church each sunday morning, I pass an Assembly Hall and see loads of seemingly 'normal' teenagers dressed in quite unnatural attire. I constantly ask "why" but hopefully for their sake they are just biding time!!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

A lot of those leading double lives grow up to be elders and elders' wives. I've watched that happen and am amazed that they can get up on the platform and righteously pontificate about what the congregation should be doing. It used to shock me, because I knew these people when they were kids, but then I realized that no matter what they SAY, Jehovah's Witnesses are just another mainstream religion now, but with darker undercurrents of abuse than most religions.

Nina

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    am amazed that they can get up on the platform and righteously pontificate about what the congregation should be doing.

So long as the speaker has not done anything "wrong" within the last 24 hours, he is viewed as having "ceased the behavior" and is perfectly qualified to give said talk.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So elsewhere if I do not post on this board for 24 hours I can get up on the platform and gve a talk on the dangers of the internet LOL

• proplog2
    proplog2

HANDLING MICROPHONES!!!!!!

Whoopee do you know how silly that sounds. Better be reeeeel guuuud or I might not be able to:

HANDLE THE MICROPHONES!!!

That's a reward? It's no wonder young people with ability leave.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i was that kid too.....

all the parents at the hall wanted their young kids to hang out with me, b/c i was such a good lil' jdub...

as i was smoking, taking pills, and making out with a different boy everyday at school

haha!

luv, jojo

• Honesty
    Honesty

The Governing Body has to be crapping in their Depends when they see the overall attendance figures. Give it another 10 years and most of the young people will be active and openly refuting the WT's false teachings.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

lets face it, it doesnt matter how old any of them are, or what they do, they're all living a lie.

• talesin
    talesin

Things haven't changed much. I had moved away to pioneer with my 2 friends 'where the need was greater'. I started out a complete innocent, but that didn't last long. You know, one of those JW kids who really tried to be perfect. We had a fourth roommate, and all of us were under 20. A typical sampling of the JW female teen of the time.

I now jokingly call that 8 months of my life my "Lose Your Illusions" tour ... lol.

Roommate #4 was 'spiritually weak', dating a 'spiritually weak' guy. We used to give them their afternoons alone in the apt. *wink*

One friend was dating our neighbour, and having sex with him. She convinced him to start a study after a year or so and eventually married him. They are well-respected in the JW community. She 'brought him into the Lie' while maintaining her pioneer status, and he is now a seasoned Super Elder. Isn't that amazing, Sister Elderette fell in love with her neighbour and brought him into the Lie, she is a real shining example!

My best friend was the girl who flirted with all the boys (in the Lie), but none could have her. Even then, she was so successful at leading a double life, that no one knew except me. She moved far away, became an addict (still pioneering and leading double life), got clean, married a worldly guy, had a kid, got divorced and came home. When I inquired, I was told she was still an active JW. Of course, I knew she was living (secretly) with a guy because we had a mutual acquaintance and I was able to get news of her. I feel sorry for her, she has no real life, and I still love her so. She was my very first sister/friend.

And me, well, 1975 was the year I began my fade. And yes, I had one date w/ a worldly guy (we held hands and went to a concert!) and my first drunk (hahaha, it was only 2 drinks, but I was looped). That was about it, though. It took me a couple years to 'get naughty'. Left the Lie at 18, and never looked back.

Yup, things haven't changed much in the past 30 years.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit