How many married folks post here and your spouse does not know?

by xjwms 30 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Mine didnt, she's known since Jan. Hmm...

• kls
    kls
    To those whose spouses don't know......if they found out do you think they would go running to the elders?

Unbeliever ,if my husband found out and ran to tattle ,i would welcome the idiots to see me ,but i know that would not happen because they are afraid of me after i flipped them all off after a meeting and a few encounters i have had with them ,they know i is not real nice to talk to

• carla
    carla

My husband knows I post 'somewhere'. At one time he wanted to meet 'these people'. That was on the other board. I decided not to introduce him because these boards are the only place where anyone knows what the heck I am even talking about! I think for awhile he was looking for me, but not anymore. We were arguing one day and he gets this real incredulous look on his face and says, "you sound like an apostate or something!!!! I literally had to bite my tongue from laughing. I felt like saying 'no sh** sherlock! He knows I have nearly exjw book on the market, reams of printouts etc... and he just figuring this out now?! Who knows, I may become very vocal when he gets baptised and goes door to door. The kids want to disown him if he does that. carla

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Mine suspects but does not know

Stilla, if she ever comes spying on you, just your avatar would get you in big trouble with her, not to mention some of your steamy admissions in your posts. Yikes. Hopefully she is not savvy to how to use sites like this.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Well I don't have a spouse (yet) but my mother is the same... If she caught me here she would drag me to the elders quicker than anything. I have everything password protected and she has no idea how to work a computer so...

I always thought that if I were to have a secret double life, it would include a mistress or drugs.

Mine does- but JWD is the best part... I love you guys!

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

my wife knows i look, but not that i post. i've told her a few things i learned(ngo,607v587, etc.) she seems to agree. she's not hardcore, but she wont leave either. neither will i anytime soon, dammit!

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

My husband is similiar to Melba's, in that he was never a JW, so doesn't really get everything on the board. He doesn't visit here, but I will tell him things I read on the board from time to time, especially the funny stuff. He has been to two get togethers with me, and he was the one that answered the door when Nina brought donuts to us when we moved to town. He thinks it is great that I have found some local peeps. We are able to get to as many get togethers as we would like to, but just knowing there are some locals to ring up and say, hey, want to do this or that? makes me feel better about being so far from my family. THAT makes him feel better too, because he doesn't have to be responsible for me making new friends, hahaha.

I feel sorry for those that have to hide it. My mom and sister that are in the borg don't know (or at least I don't think they know) that I read and post here. however, I am sure my mom would be deeply offended if she did. I don't think she would bother going to the elders since we live over 2000 miles apart. But I wouldn't want to cause an issue.

I hope your spouses realize you are NOT visiting nasty little sex rooms and having virtual affairs etc....that would be very uncomfortable to deal with.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Mine knows I post here. Instead of going and get her own laptop, she picked up mine one day to check her mail and looked through the history. I could see the irritation in her face but I gave her that look that says "you got something to say???" and that shut her down.

Now, she avoids my computer as if she'll get struck down by Jah himself. It's demonized now...you know.

• Grace
    Grace
    To those whose spouses don't know......if they found out do you think they would go running to the elders?

The most absolute wonderful thing (aside from not attending mtgs and not having to fake field service) is that the elders have absolutely no hold on me whatsoever. I could care less about what they think. No pulling into little back rooms anymore, no little chats or arm-twisting comments; however, depending upon your circumstance (if you have NOT yet left the org completely), I can see where you must post on this board in a clandestine manner. I haven't told my JW husband because we have had a long while of peace about me leaving now and I don't want to stir the pot. I value my household peace.

Grace to you.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Grace:

"I value my household peace," ..... just like you do. I will not stur to much, its just when, and if, someone pops in at my house just to say HI, and that has not happened in the longest time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit